Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Balentien ties homerun record in Japan!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
He was the first prospect I ever prospected... Made some money... Bought back in later and made a little more then I bought stuff of his as a player collection.. My wife had a Mariners jersey made for me with his name since he had become my favorite player.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Funny, found a 9.5 chrome auto yesterday.

How do you ship to Japan without getting potentially screwed via PayPal?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Three Major League failures have now ties Sadaharu Oh's record of 55 homers:
Tuffy Rhodes in 2001, Alex Cabrera in 2002 and now Wladimir Balentien.

Shows the quality of most of the league's pitching.

Imagine if quality MLB players like Miguel Cabrera, Chris Davis and other stars played over there.
They'd hit 80 home runs.

Last edited:

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
08_balentien_32of50.png

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
Could be guys that didn't get enough opportunities.. This guy did not get the opportunities.. You can't play a guy ever 4th day and expect someone to get in rhythm.. Can't speak for the others though

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Re: Balentien ties homerun record in Japan

Balentien's challenge of Oh's record comes in a season in which there is controversy over a new, livelier baseball.

In June, Japanese baseball officials admitted they introduced the new official ball this season without notifying players. The new ball has resulted in a dramatic increase in home runs.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I remember when I sold a 2005 Chrome Gold Refractor auto of his many years ago. It must have been over $200.

Years ago I recall offering quite a bit more than that for his signed red refractor.Thankfully, seller turned down all of my offers.One of the best deals I never made.Not long ago, the seller still had the card listed for the same absurb number.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
TOKYO -- Former major leaguer Wladimir Balentien hit his 56th and 57th home runs on Sunday, breaking the Japanese single-season record set by legendary slugger Sadaharu Oh 49 years ago.

Balentien hit a three-run homer in the first inning of Sunday's game at Tokyo's Jingu Stadium to give his Yakult Swallows an early lead over the Hanshin Tigers.
He then added a solo shot in the third for No. 57.

Oh's record of 55 was equaled by ex-major leaguers Tuffy Rhodes in 2001 and Alex Cabrera in 2002.

Another American, Randy Bass, hit 54 homers in 1985, but fell short in the last game of the season when the pitcher from the Yomiuri Giants, then managed by Oh, walked him in his last at-bat, preventing Bass from tying the record.

Oh has often said he has no problem with his record being broken as long as it's done by a wide margin and not just one or two homers.
Balentien has 17 games left to add to his tally.

Balentien's challenge of Oh's record comes in a season in which there is controversy over a new, livelier baseball.

In June, Japanese baseball officials admitted they introduced the new official ball this season without notifying players.
The new ball has resulted in a dramatic increase in home runs.

Members online

No members online now.