Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Finally landed my Fred McGriff Holy Grail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
That's awesome! Props to you and [MENTION=4035]DaClyde[/MENTION]

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Wow, I'm so glad the deal turned out to be legit. Talk about a long shot paying off!

Yea, I was pretty happy when it showed up. It really made my day.

Hopefully I will get those unopened packs I told you about soon. BTW I really appreciate your help with finding info on this card and the set. Hopefully I will get some cards from those packs that can help fill in the blanks of the checklist for this set.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Congrats on the epic find ! Do you have the '85 TCMA ?? If not, will that be the next holy grail card on your Crime Dog list ??

I do have the 2 1985 TCMA cards. He had a card with him and one that pictures him and Dale Holman I believe. One early card I still need to find is the 1986 TCMA that is postcard sized. I think I saw one on Ebay quite a while back but I did not grab it at the time.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I do have the 2 1985 TCMA cards. He had a card with him and one that pictures him and Dale Holman I believe. One early card I still need to find is the 1986 TCMA that is postcard sized. I think I saw one on Ebay quite a while back but I did not grab it at the time.

So would the '86 or something else slide into that #1 position ?

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
So would the '86 or something else slide into that #1 position ?

Yea maybe so or some of the 90's inserts that can be tough to track down. The 1988 Blue Jays Fire Safety French version card has eluded me as well as a few Cards like the 1991 Smokey the Bear Padres and the 1994 Ingles sticker/card that was only issued around Atlanta Ingles grocery stores. Most of what I need is odd ball stuff like these and some inserts and parallels.

Members online

Latest posts