Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*********MONDAY MORNING THREAD ******10/17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
11-08-2009111909AM.jpg

anybody ever seen one like this ?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Good morning everyone. Been sick and busy the last couple of weeks so I haven't been on here much. Rooting for a Cleveland and Chicago world series here

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning. I posted the other day about acquiring a lot of cards for my set. Would you guys for quantity or quality? To put it into perspective, I have 143 signed cards from the 2008 ginter set, with 2 more incoming for 145. Give or take, there are about 325 cards to get signed in the set after removing the deceased historical figures and the architecture cards. Do I go for more cards of lesser players, or do I go for less cards of the better players?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning (afternoon) Kiddies

Went to work this morning, it was a Monday of usual nutty-ness.....so just after our morning break we here a loud boom and then a boom again followed by a big crash.......most of us looked around and said......that's not a normal sound for the place (Caterpillar Aurora IL.) So I lookied across the aisle toward the sound and see some of my co-workers running to an area just to the west of where I'm standing. I then look and see something is not right and proceed to move quickly to the other area. As I arrive I notice that an engine and trans that weighs over 6000 pounds is not in the rack anymore. I also notice that there doesn't seem to be a sense of panic so no need to switch in to rescue mode. This definitely was a bad looking event but all the people seemed to be standing out of the work zone.

Turns out as the guy and gals were lifting a 966 wheel loader engine and trans into the zone to marry it to the tractor being built and it was 5 feet into the air, the cable snapped and the engine and trans came crashing down. All parties involved are safe do to are safety practices in place.

Like, the pendent that we use for the hoist has a buffer zone built in and you can't lift the object if your within 2 feet of it and you can't control anything if you're outside of 15 feet from it. the safe zone is about 8 to 12 feet from the object.....also the area utilizes ground spotters even thought the engine trans only goes up about 4-5 to be installed.

Today was a good day. Everyone who showed up to work got to come home from work. Every now and again these kind of things happen, but we work really hard to make sure everyone is safe doing their job and no one is in the line of fire to get hurt.

Oh and since that crane is the only one we use for that line. We all went home (early) and got to hug our spouses, or our kids, pets , and even are able to talk to our neighbors. Because you never know when that day may end.

Last edited:

Members online