Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Frank Thomas collectors thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
What, election killed this thread?

I was thinking about sinking some savings into a NNOF finally, so I was watching the PSA 9 NNOF that ended last night to get an idea what the market might be, and maybe I'd get drunk enough to throw a bid on there. I don't follow the card very closely, so the final price was actually fairly shocking to me. I figured $5000, maybe $5500 tops, so $6838 was quite impressive to me.

jmbkb4

Aug 24, 2013
What, election killed this thread?

I was thinking about sinking some savings into a NNOF finally, so I was watching the PSA 9 NNOF that ended last night to get an idea what the market might be, and maybe I'd get drunk enough to throw a bid on there. I don't follow the card very closely, so the final price was actually fairly shocking to me. I figured $5000, maybe $5500 tops, so $6838 was quite impressive to me.

I agree. I would have bid closer to $5-6k but nearly $7k is just too much IMHO.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Hey guys - I remember really enjoying a Frank collector's website several years ago. He had great write-ups about some of his more interesting or rare cards and the stories were great. I can't seem to find the site any longer. I hope it hasn't disappeared. Can someone point me in the right direction? If so, can you please send me a PM as well? I may not check this thread too often.

Thanks!

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Got this in last week:

i-FRNM9KB-L.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I think you mean Lance's site. I can't recall the domain name, either, but I think he took it offline a while ago.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Was a little surprised to uncover a 1987 McDag Auburn Tigers set this evening with the Thomas first card and a Bo Jackson. I must have bought it when Frank was not on the top of the hot lists. I am glad to have reunited with it. I don't know if that is bad or good when you "find" something like this you forgot you had!!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
[MENTION=3012]ajw[/MENTION]

https://web.archive.org/web/20110208130719/http://www.frankthomascollection.com/

Hey guys - I remember really enjoying a Frank collector's website several years ago. He had great write-ups about some of his more interesting or rare cards and the stories were great. I can't seem to find the site any longer. I hope it hasn't disappeared. Can someone point me in the right direction? If so, can you please send me a PM as well? I may not check this thread too often.

Thanks!

It is not active any longer and many of the photos and links no longer work, but the framework is there.

GameJerseyPR

Oct 21, 2013

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Lance is awesome. I just got a holiday card from him actually.

I know Mr. Hawaiian Lance!Great guy,i think he is one if not the ultimate big hurt collector out there,i sold me one of his franks almost one year ago!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

soxfan33

Aug 7, 2008
I recently picked up these two.

The 2015 is in blue ink, which some don't like, but I think it looks great in person. I also liked that it was a great action shot! The blue ink also is a neat variation in the Dynasty product that I enjoy.

The 2014 is a great image also.

Both have great patches, and no smudging!

Thanks for looking!

John

Members online

Latest posts