Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ESPN Reporting: Highly possible no one voted into the HOF this year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Ballots Cast: 569 Needed for Election: 427

VOTES
PLAYER
PERCENTAGE
Craig Biggio
68.20%
Jack Morris
67.70%
Jeff Bagwell
59.60%
Mike Piazza
57.80%
Tim Raines
52.20%
Lee Smith
47.80%
Curt Schilling
38.80%
Roger Clemens
37.60%
Barry Bonds
36.20%
Edgar Martinez
35.90%
Alan Trammell
33.60%
Larry Walker
21.60%
Fred McGriff
20.70%
Dale Murphy
18.60%
Mark McGwire
16.90%
Don Mattingly
13.20%
Sammy Sosa
12.50%
Rafael Palmeiro
8.80%
Bernie Williams
3.30%
Kenny Lofton
3.20%
Sandy Alomar Jr.
2.80%
Julio Franco
1.10%
David Wells
0.90%
Steve Finley
0.70%
Shawn Green
0.40%
Aaron Sele
0.20%
Jeff Cirillo
0.00%
Royce Clayton
0.00%
Jeff Conine
0.00%
Roberto Hernandez
0.00%
Ryan Klesko
0.00%
Jose Mesa
0.00%
Reggie Sanders
0.00%
Mike Stanton
0.00%
Todd Walker
0.00%
Rondell White
0.00%
Woody Williams
0.00%
*Candidates receiving less than 5% of the vote on
all ballots cast are removed from future BBWAA
consideration; Dale Murphy received 18.6% of the
vote in his 15th and final year of BBWAA eligibility.

1Aaron Sele0.20%
this just shows what a bunch of blow hard aholes are voting for the hall of shame.
WHAT MORON DID THIS!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Seriously?
If Maddux does not get 97% of the vote all writers should be banned from voting

I replied to this earlier in the post but my comment was in response to the one above where I posted... he said only 3 names of who he thought would get in, not including Maddux, and I said Thomas was the only one of the three he said that would get in...

I believe Maddux deserves it 100%

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Since we're on the topic and someone mentioned him earlier.... Can someone just give me the quick overview on Jim Rice and why he is in the HOF?

Honestly though... I see he had a crap load of triples and won the MVP one year? Just curous, not hating but just want to know.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Since we're on the topic and someone mentioned him earlier.... Can someone just give me the quick overview on Jim Rice and why he is in the HOF?

Honestly though... I see he had a crap load of triples and won the MVP one year? Just curous, not hating but just want to know.

Because he was one of the premiere players in the league when he was active. He was an amazing player who is deserving of his HOF induction. He didn't have the longevity stats, but he was certainly one of the best ever while playing in a "dead ball" era.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Because he was one of the premiere players in the league when he was active. He was an amazing player who is deserving of his HOF induction. He didn't have the longevity stats, but he was certainly one of the best ever while playing in a "dead ball" era.

This is kind of a b!tch'n reply but everything you said is qualitative --- anything quantitative to mention or literally he was just premiere, amazing, deserving and best ever (in a "dead ball" era)?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
This is kind of a b!tch'n reply but everything you said is qualitative --- anything quantitative to mention or literally he was just premiere, amazing, deserving and best ever (in a "dead ball" era)?

I said "one of the best ever". All you have to do is look at his baseballreference page Jim Rice Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

He is over on three of the four Bill James HOF monitor tracker stats. He was a league MVP and was in top-5 MVP voting SIX times. He was an 8-time All-Star. He had nearly 1,500 RBI and hit close to .300 in his career while averaging 190 hits per-162 games played. He led the league in total bases 4 times. Led the league in homeruns 3 times. Led the league in RBI 2 times. Led the league in slugging percentage 2 times. Led the league in OPS once, triples once and hits once. The guy once led the league in triples and homeruns in the same season. He was an absolute beast of a player and never gets the credit he deserves.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I said "one of the best ever". All you have to do is look at his baseballference page Jim Rice Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

He is over on three of the four Bill James HOF monitor tracker stats. He was a league MVP and was in top-5 MVP voting SIX times. He was an 8-time All-Star. He had nearly 1,500 RBI and hit close to .300 in his career while averaging 190 hits per-162 games played. He led the league in total bases 4 times. Led the league in homeruns 3 times. Led the league in RBI 2 times. Led the league in slugging percentage 2 times. Led the league in OPS once, triples once and hits once. The guy once led the league in triples and homeruns in the same season. He was an absolute beast of a player and never gets the credit he deserves.

Cool, sounds good.

For a minute I thought you were explaining Albert Belle haha ;)

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
No, you're wrong. I am not talking about who will or won't, based on anything. I'm simply saying that, without proof, you're being dishonest if you assume. There is nothing to have an opinion on with respect to "if" or "if not"; there can only be an opinion with respect to what PEDs mean to the game and its history.

Braun tested positive and got off on a technicality, there is proof.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Also didn't baseball do a "baseline" test that had to have so many test positive before they implemented a further testing program? Didn't many players fail that test and the names of many who failed never got released? I wonder if and when that little bit of info gets released.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
It'd like to see Barry bonds added, just so they can have an exhibit with his hat from when he started out with the pirates and then the larger one from when he played with the giants, showing how his skull grew as he used.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
I saw someone on tv, a reporter from San Francisco who said that the cubhouse guy told him that that was a complete fallacy.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Also didn't baseball do a "baseline" test that had to have so many test positive before they implemented a further testing program? Didn't many players fail that test and the names of many who failed never got released? I wonder if and when that little bit of info gets released.

Hmmm not familiar with this... Would be interested in learning more

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010

Rice was one of the most feared hitters of his era. He is without a doubt a Hall of Famer.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
If that gets you in the HOF, I couldn't agree more!

Signed,

Albert Belle
Unfortunately the sportswriters can be little XXXXXes. Belle will never get in bc the sportswriters hate him. It took Rice forever bc the sportswriters didnt like him.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Unfortunately the sportswriters can be little XXXXXes. Belle will never get in bc the sportswriters hate him. It took Rice forever bc the sportswriters didnt like him.

Belle is well past his time on the ballot. His only chance is the veteran vote in or whatever that is lol... I give it 2% chance haha

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Braun tested positive and got off on a technicality, there is proof.

You can't say that. Well, you can't say that and be correct; you have every right to say what you want, but as it stands, you would be guilty of slander if you do (but that's taking it a little too far). The "proof" was invalidated, so it doesn't exist. You can now, legally, only suspect that he used something. You cannot say he tested positive or that there is proof. The proof can't be definatively linked to him or even be considered accurate. Sorry, those are the facts.

For the record, I suspect he had something in his system as well.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010

Members online

Latest posts