Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Black Friday Contest! OFFICIAL THREAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008

2009 SP Authentic Gold Foil #66 - Jay Bruce /299
Purchased for $0.23
Courtesy of COMC.com

2004 Donruss Studio Spirit of the Game #SOG-12 - Jeff Bagwell /999
Purchased for $0.18
Courtesy of COMC.com

2007 Topps Moments & Milestones #36-15 - Alex Rodriguez (2005 AL MVP - 124 Runs) /150
Purchased for $0.10
Courtesy of COMC.com

2003 Donruss Studio Spirit of the Game #SG-15 - Alex Rodriguez /1250
Purchased for $0.10
Courtesy of COMC.com

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI

2008 TRISTAR PROjections Purple #358 - Travis Mattair /1
Purchased for $2.88
Courtesy of COMC.com

This is a neat card, the back states it should be an auto, but it isn't. Topps isn't the only company that f's up 1/1's!

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008

2004 Playoff Honors [???] #CR-18 - Derek Jeter, Jason Giambi /1992
Purchased for $0.32
Courtesy of COMC.com

2007 Topps Moments & Milestones Black #25-3 - Chipper Jones (1999 NL MVP - 41 Doubles) /29
Purchased for $0.15
Courtesy of COMC.com

I think the Chipper was my best purchase.

Moe@COMC

Jul 12, 2013
Redmond, WA
Ok, it's time to announce the winner of the Black Friday contest. Unfortunately, we didn't get as much feedback as we were hoping, and almost no discussion on what was the better deal, so we decided to just do a random drawing of everyone who posted a card and give that lucky winner a box of cards based on the sport of their choice.

So, we assigned everyone a number:

1 - batcavelv
2 - ASTROBURN
3 - DeliciousBacon
4 - cwgross144
5 - theacox
6 - alanch
7 - Swipe79
8 - olerud363
9 - athletics07
10 - Hawk8
11 - mike_trout
12 - stergeon
13 - long_walker
14 - edag
15 - tpeichel

Then we went to Random.org and asked it to give us a number between 1-15.

They came back with the number "6", so congrats to alanch for being our Freedom Cardboard winner. Please contact me (either here or via email - [email protected]) with your COMC username and favorite
sport, and we'll get to work on acquiring a box of cards from that sport, that we'll break and deposit into your port.

Everyone else can contact me with your username and I'll drop 100 history points into your account.

Thanks to all for being a part of this!

edag

Dec 1, 2014
Hi Moe,

Thanks to all at COMC for a great series of Thanksgiving promotions! My user name is the same (edag). Keep up the great work!

edag

Dec 1, 2014
History points allow you to check out historical sales data. If you are logged into COMC, you can click on the price of a card and see the number of cards sold (must have shipped) on the site and the highest price paid (including shipping).

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
History points allow you to check out historical sales data. If you are logged into COMC, you can click on the price of a card and see the number of cards sold (must have shipped) on the site and the highest price paid (including shipping).

Hmm, didn't know that, cool, congrats everyone

edag

Dec 1, 2014
Hi Moe,

Thanks for adding Billy Kilmer's name to the COMC listing. I have been trying to get a Joe Montana card I have listed on the site fixed (it lists him as Johnnie Morton), for months now and have submitted several requests. Can you please fix it when you have a moment?

[/URL]
2005 Topps Turkey Red Turkey Red #237 - Johnnie Morton
Courtesy of COMC.com[/I[/URL]]

Will you guys be running a best deal of the year for 2014 contest? If promoted in advance and localized to COMC, it could be a blast to see the best deals of the whole year. Give people a week notice (starting around the 10th), a week to post (up until midnight Christmas Eve) and a week to vote (up until midnight New Years Eve). With the prize being awarded on New Years Day!

Moe@COMC

Jul 12, 2013
Redmond, WA
Hi Moe,

Thanks for adding Billy Kilmer's name to the COMC listing. I have been trying to get a Joe Montana card I have listed on the site fixed (it lists him as Johnnie Morton), for months now and have submitted several requests. Can you please fix it when you have a moment?

[/URL]
2005 Topps Turkey Red Turkey Red #237 - Johnnie Morton
Courtesy of COMC.com[/I[/URL]]

Will you guys be running a best deal of the year for 2014 contest? If promoted in advance and localized to COMC, it could be a blast to see the best deals of the whole year. Give people a week notice (starting around the 10th), a week to post (up until midnight Christmas Eve) and a week to vote (up until midnight New Years Eve). With the prize being awarded on New Years Day!

Your best bet is to submit a new Correction Request - I don't have access to the Catalog data, so I can't go in and fix stuff.

As for another contest? Yea...we need to do a post mortem on this last one first, and make sure we get it right the next time...at least, right-er...

alanch

Nov 28, 2014
Hi Moe,
Thanks for the awesome contest! My favorite sport is football! Username on COMC is alanch I'll also send a follow up e-mail. Really excited to see what comes out of the box break! Thanks again!

Members online