Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My First 1/1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Mine was a Ron Coomer 1998 Stadium Club Plate....I send it to somebody on these boards whose father collects Ron Coomer. I guess his father coached him in high school or something and he collected Coomer cards, but didn't have a 1/1 because he wasn't really in that many sets and back then 1/1s actually meant something and were hard to get. I definitely didn't mind parting with it, meant much more to him than it did to me.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
My first one is a 2007 Exquisite Biography (ies?) Andy LaRoche AU 1/1

I bought it on Topps V2 boards from someone for $30, just to say I owned a 1/1. I still have it. I'm not planning on selling it.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
first owned: 2012 topps Danny Valencia Silver, First opened: 2011 Update Adrian Beltre Black Printing Plate

jdowg84

Oct 13, 2012
calripkenjrcollector-albums-cr-auto-bat-picture14449-2005-leaf-limited-167-monikers-platinum-materials-bat-1074.jpg

My one and only.

Judging by your username, you have no real need for another.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I have pulled so many 1/1's over the years.. but the one that is special.. My wife who is disabled and used to like to open a box from time to time pulled this from a $50 box.. and I still have it..

maris.jpg

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
I have pulled so many 1/1's over the years.. but the one that is special.. My wife who is disabled and used to like to open a box from time to time pulled this from a $50 box.. and I still have it..

maris.jpg

Awesome that you share the hobby together!

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Awesome that you share the hobby together!

I think it was last year I took a box of Bowman Chrome home.. (she likes the shiny cards).. and she pulled a redemption for a Brett Lawrie Autographed Orange Refractor.. She was so disapointed that there wasn't an auto in the box and just some crappy white card.. :eek:

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
I think it was last year I took a box of Bowman Chrome home.. (she likes the shiny cards).. and she pulled a redemption for a Brett Lawrie Autographed Orange Refractor.. She was so disapointed that there wasn't an auto in the box and just some crappy white card.. :eek:

Yet another reason to NOT have redemptions. :)

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Cool thread idea. I do still have mine. I was trying to get my wife to catch the card bug a few years ago, and succeeded with Artifacts blasters. I had just bored her early that very morning with the grand and glorious explanation of what a 1/1 is. I didn't have one to show her so it didn't matter.

Flash forward to opening our blaster. We split the packs. Her very first one, she tells me "Oh I got a 1/1." I just told her it was not a funny way to tease a collector. She insisted that she had one and I gave in. Sure enough, she did. Being Cubs fans, it was the hit of our lifetime.

Lee1of1_zpsaa9ded37.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I got this 1/1 original art from [MENTION=4914]gmarutiak[/MENTION] same image as your 1/1.

My buddies dad was Derek Lee's high school coach and I got it for him to give him for Father's Day.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1369187245.057642.jpg

KCBeltranFan

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I got this 1/1 original art from [MENTION=4914]gmarutiak[/MENTION] same image as your 1/1.

My buddies dad was Derek Lee's high school coach and I got it for him to give him for Father's Day.

View attachment 17336

Oh wow, that's cool of you. It's even mote interesting to me to see the original art. That's just amazing. My wife is going to love seeing it too. Thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online