Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone remember these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I believe the promos were inserted on the back of the 192 Pocket Pages magazine. It looks like this may have been cut from the magazine.

Are those really tough? I've never seen another pop up although I will admit most sellers do not scam the backs.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I believe the promos were inserted on the back of the 192 Pocket Pages magazine. It looks like this may have been cut from the magazine.

The promos / non promo don't really differ correct other than the back . But there are Promo back ones so basically the Pocket Pages one were just another way to promote them but you'd never be able to know they were Promos or nonPromo other than the back correct?

Ryan

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I gotcha. In any case, it's insane how hard the Astros version is to find. For a guy who doesn't have one of the 90 Donruss Aqueous test cards, Bagwell has some insanely hard cards to find pre 96. It took me forever to locate the MJB holographics auto(still missing two more versions), the Colla auto, the other MJB holographics promo(Nate has both), the 92 super DK, the 94(or 95 maybe...can't remember) score gold rush sample, and various others. That's not counting the R&N porcelains. These cards are tough as hell to find! That's why this high 5 is bugging the heck out of me! Lol.

its the 94
1994%20Score%20Samples%204GR.jpg

Yeah , the oddball tough can be very hard to find. As much as a Rare pack inserted card. Man with the 92 DK Jumbo there were a few over the last year or so that popped , was hoping you landed one of them. I almost pulled the trigger on each one, but sat out. You'll find these things one day ;)

Ryan
i am super glad you didnt pull any triggers. I was lucky to get the graded one.
1992%20Donruss%20Super%20DK'S%20DK11%20BGS%20GEM%209.5.jpg

but why have a version that says promo, then a version with some ad on the back? I still dont think its the team set. We need to find someone with an astros team set to know for sure.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
The promos / non promo don't really differ correct other than the back . But there are Promo back ones so basically the Pocket Pages one were just another way to promote them but you'd never be able to know they were Promos or nonPromo other than the back correct?

Ryan

I believe so, but I'm just not sure if they were adhered to the magazine in some way, or if the promo could be removed intact.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I wish they included a picture of the other side. Is this what my third high 5 came from?

Yeah, would been weird for them to have taken a pic of the inside. Maybe I'll shoot them a message to as. If we could get some info. I haven't see a Clark on the books , I'm curious if there was a rhyme/reason on the players they chose of if anyone could be on there.

Ryan

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Here are pics of the front and back of the Astros set that I own:
1437841368186.jpg
1437841419193.jpg
I own an entire set of all the teams.
I will be unavailable this week, but I'm considering selling them here on FCB after that.
If anyone wants to see pics of other teams, let me know. I should have time to post them today.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Here are pics of the front and back of the Astros set that I own:
View attachment 53026
View attachment 53027
I own an entire set of all the teams.
I will be unavailable this week, but I'm considering selling them here on FCB after that.
If anyone wants to see pics of other teams, let me know. I should have time to post them today.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Link what UD need for the Giants. Thanks for showing the back of the Astros. Kinda proves that they all have a large player on the back. So Astroburn is missing the team set one and leads to the ad back being from the 1992 Pocket Pages.

Ryan

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Now that I see Bags is on the back of the team set, there's no way I'm gonna cut it up. Sorry Nick.

Now the question is, how many Astros sets do you have for us to fight over?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Now that I see Bags is on the back of the team set, there's no way I'm gonna cut it up. Sorry Nick.

See to be completists , you guys actually need
-Sealed team set
-opened team set so you can see the back
-cut Bagwell single
-cut Bagwell single large back "card"

Good luck ;)

Ryan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

That's a very good question....