Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken, Jr. collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Hey everyone - if anyone is looking for the following 90's inserts/parallels, send [MENTION=10889]GameJerseyPR[/MENTION] a PM:

• '98 SP Authentic Sheer Dominance Titanium 64/100
  • '98 Gold Label Class 1 Red Label 13/100
  • '98 Gold Label Class 2 Red Label 28/50
He is easy to work with and recommended.

TheRipkenRepository

Feb 18, 2016
Kansas
Looks like this thread is still pretty active. I've been looking for a place to discuss Cal Ripken's cards and stuff. Figured I'd make my first post showing my latest purchase. I've been trying to buy this card for a very long time. I had several missed opportunities but finally landed it. Although I probably paid too much, it was hard to pass up.
Capture2.JPG

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Congrats, I watched that myself to see where it ended up. There was another JSA Authentic one listed a few weeks prior to that one.

TheRipkenRepository

Feb 18, 2016
Kansas
^^ Welcome to the boards. Please let me know if you have doubles for trade.

Thanks. I'm closing in on 4,000 different Ripken cards. It's pretty much going to be expensive from here on out. I have 1,800 duplicates that are mostly base cards in the $5 range. I do have many higher priced duplicates for sale/trade, I'll have to get a list of them going. My entire collection is on Beckett so will be easy to sort out.

Last edited:

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
Looks like this thread is still pretty active. I've been looking for a place to discuss Cal Ripken's cards and stuff. Figured I'd make my first post showing my latest purchase. I've been trying to buy this card for a very long time. I had several missed opportunities but finally landed it. Although I probably paid too much, it was hard to pass up.
View attachment 59860

Nice buy! I was trying to win that same card! Good to know it went to a Ripken collector.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I would definitely make sure it's a 9 if that's your plan. The idea of it encased is great but nothing takes away the appeal of a great card like that graded an 8. Just my opinion. Kevin in CT.

TheRipkenRepository

Feb 18, 2016
Kansas
I would definitely make sure it's a 9 if that's your plan. The idea of it encased is great but nothing takes away the appeal of a great card like that graded an 8. Just my opinion. Kevin in CT.

Yeah, absolutely. You can actually tell BGS not to encase the card if it doesn't meet your minimum grade. Still costs money for them to look at it though.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
There has been many trades and sales through fcb..

When you make a trade or sale you leave feedback just they do at EBAY..

Look to your left under the profile and you will see a feedback score for the member.
(I'm currently at 96)

Also if you click on the "FCB logo in the upper left corner, you can see all the areas on this forum..

so check out http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/33-Baseball-Buy-Sell-Trade also

Last edited:

TheRipkenRepository

Feb 18, 2016
Kansas
There has been many trades and sales through fcb..

When you make a trade or sale you leave feedback just they do at EBAY..

Look to your left under the profile and you will see a feedback score for the member.
(I'm currently at 96)

Also if you click on the "FCB logo in the upper left corner, you can see all the areas on this forum..

so check out http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/33-Baseball-Buy-Sell-Trade also

Sweet, thanks man! Going to see if anyone is interested in a starter Ripken collection. I have close to 2,000 extra Ripkens that are mostly base cards. Tons of duplicates, so maybe 300-400 different.

Also, any tips on successful transactions? I was just thinking of using Paypal. Is it safe to use "send friends" money or should I use "goods"?

Last edited:

Members online