Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any early hunches on how many of each 2015 Ginter Buyback?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
[MENTION=4155]Bane50[/MENTION] are those 1/1s identical?
[MENTION=2759]Therion[/MENTION] have you actually seen the buybacks that you don't have? Especially for the early Ginter buybacks (e.g., 2006 and 2007), which seem to be rarer than the later ones, if you haven't seen them they might not exist. I'm operating under the assumption that Topps just bought back (or pulled out of the basement) a bunch of cards and stamped them, without making a point of trying to make complete buyback sets.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
[MENTION=4155]Bane50[/MENTION] are those 1/1s identical?
[MENTION=2759]Therion[/MENTION] have you actually seen the buybacks that you don't have? Especially for the early Ginter buybacks (e.g., 2006 and 2007), which seem to be rarer than the later ones, if you haven't seen them they might not exist. I'm operating under the assumption that Topps just bought back (or pulled out of the basement) a bunch of cards and stamped them, without making a point of trying to make complete buyback sets.

I've seen one of them in a giant lot that I wasn't willing to drop $40 to get one card for. Nothing yet on the others.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I believe I saw about 5 Canseco within 2 weeks or so of them being released and NONE since. I, too would like to know how many there are of each, but Topps is really ... REALLY being tight lipped about these sorts of things now. Ugh!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I believe I saw about 5 Canseco within 2 weeks or so of them being released and NONE since. I, too would like to know how many there are of each, but Topps is really ... REALLY being tight lipped about these sorts of things now. Ugh!

Thanks Topps lol

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Still only four Dawsons have hit eBay, or I should say I have only seen four on eBay and I have picked all four of them up and they were all different.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
Don't forget, a bunch more were inserted into the Ginter X product that Topps released online. They said they "held back" some of the print run of all the inserts, relics, and autos for that release. I've cracked about 36 boxes of it and have pulled an average of 2 full size buybacks and 1 framed buyback per box. Only 2 were from 2007 and NONE were from 2006.

A lot more may still be waiting to to be found and listed in these that people just got in...

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

Yeah, I saw the answer they gave on the 2015 Topps Archives checklist. Can't believe a multi million dollar company just release whatever they want without an inventory.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
The Thomas cookie jar has dried up too...an '08 Framed sold for $15 BIN a couple months ago, but I didn't see it in time.

I have some stars I should probably list.

Members online