Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

nice on card sig, theses a /75 and /25 too
2002jerseyauto75.jpg

2002ud25.jpg

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
Wish I did brother :( Those are wayyyyy to rich for my blood.

I was about to send my congrats to ya! Oh well. I think it's too rich for me as well, with all of these offers of $4K plus floating around. Does anybody know what actually happened with that crusade red? I would love to see one go the duration on ebay, just to see how insane the bidding gets. I'd personally be rooting for my buddy Steve Brinn to finally pick it up.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Id go with the Magic man and say $5k+..I'd be in til about $1,500 lol..Its always nice to dream!Just nearly unrealistic.Those guys on BO are kinda tools.They really tried to take advantage of that guy.$75 for a $4k+ card,that he was completely unaware of..Then they wanna burn him at the stake for issuing a refund!I just hope it finds its way into a JR collection.

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
Id go with the Magic man and say $5k+..I'd be in til about $1,500 lol..Its always nice to dream!Just nearly unrealistic.Those guys on BO are kinda tools.They really tried to take advantage of that guy.$75 for a $4k+ card,that he was completely unaware of..Then they wanna burn him at the stake for issuing a refund!I just hope it finds its way into a JR collection.

That whole ordeal kind of blew my mind. The seller is a member of a forum in which people talk about sports cards. He should have a feeling what the card is worth, or at least do a little research. A simple google search on it finds lots of people talking about it being worth thousands of dollars. Didn't he start that thread in the first place, looking to sell the card? My opinion (and it is only an opinion) is that the seller did indeed know what it was worth. I think he was just trying to stir things up and had no intention at all to sell it. That's just my gut feeling. I mean, how could he not know about it??? Something doesn't add up.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I heard the seller sold it and its shipped to its new owner, so no Auction Action on that one

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
When I Do Sell mine, it wont see a Auction either, sorry to say. would be kinda fun tho

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Oh no ya can't auction it!Remember that one time,you told me it was mine for $25?I knew I should of made ya sign that in blood!haha

Superhuskiefan1

Jan 26, 2010
UW Huskies
That whole ordeal kind of blew my mind. The seller is a member of a forum in which people talk about sports cards. He should have a feeling what the card is worth, or at least do a little research. A simple google search on it finds lots of people talking about it being worth thousands of dollars. Didn't he start that thread in the first place, looking to sell the card? My opinion (and it is only an opinion) is that the seller did indeed know what it was worth. I think he was just trying to stir things up and had no intention at all to sell it. That's just my gut feeling. I mean, how could he not know about it??? Something doesn't add up.

Well if you read the entire thread it looks like he refunded the members money that bought it

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
yes, he was selling it for 75$, then prolly from the other posts or PM's seen he could get more $, so of corse he would have refunded, I just cant see a Collector not Know Of The 1998 Donruss Crusades Values

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts