Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

^^^^^^^^ SUNDAY MORNING THREAD^^^^^^^^^ 11/9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning Kiddies
The wife and I and some friends
Had a great time raising money for the Aurora Interfaith food Pantry

Place was packed and dinner was great and they raised atleast 60k
While we were there.
Our table we bought cost us a 1000 for 12 spots. We all ponied up and then our Local union put in about half of that.
It' s good to see people coming together to help those who need a hand up.

Tomorrow is our annual gate collection, at Caterpillar for our veterans committee. Last year we raised over 2300. Hope it will be that good as well.

But today I'm feeling not good I have sore throat and a slight fever.

So laying around all day for me is on tap. Because my shift to man a gate us 430 am to 8 am and it will be cold 32 degrees when I get there.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Afternoon all, trying to get some shopping in before watching the Giants lose, I mean, play at 4:30 today. Stepper, you going to the game?

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Posted this in yesterday's thread but figured I'd share here if anyone cared.

The two items I mentioned yesterday, I bid on both but they went higher than i expected so i only went after one and won it.

http://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball-c...-spikes-and-bag-1-/a/7120-83056.s?ts=on#Photo

This was the other item I passed on.

2005 Livan Hernandez Game used Nats jersey with Detroit All Star patch sold for $330 I think after buyers premium.

Very nice win there, Ken !!!

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Afternoon guys! I haven't been on the board since Thursday as I've been travelling and hanging out with friends and family. The Browns/Bengals game this past Thursday was SO MUCH FUN. I've been to a half dozen Browns games in my life and that was the first time I've seen them win. :cool:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Sorry man, hopefully all that work will help take your mind off the loss a little bit.

Thanks Ken.

The work is about what I usually do anyway but the service was for the Grandma of a friend, I also considered her a friend. Very cool lady who just passed at 89...

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Grabbed a blaster of Topps Valor at Target today, nothing great to speak of but I do like the look of them

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1415568780.171975.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1415568807.097986.jpg

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I'm not easily impressed with waitresses since I was a bartender / waiter for three years . Today family ate at local Olive Garden - ten of us -waitress took our order didn't write anything down then went to another table took their order not writing anything . So when it arrived correct I was stunned .

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I'm not easily impressed with waitresses since I was a bartender / waiter for three years . Today family ate at local Olive Garden - ten of us -waitress took our order didn't write anything down then went to another table took their order not writing anything . So when it arrived correct I was stunned .

That's impressive! Did he look like Dustin Hoffman in the movie Rain Man?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good afternoon/early evening gents. Got back to school about 30 minutes ago. It was nice to get home for a bit, even if I didn't do much. I did go over to my cousin's apartment. He just moved in back on the 1st so I had to go check it out. There was little in the fridge, but he did have a case of beer in there :lol:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Hope Stepper brought his rain coat to the game, and the refs brought condoms, cuz they are screwing the Giants

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
BEER IN THE FRIDGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! those were the days . Shared a house , I was a bartender and helped close other bars after hours - stock coolers = six pack or more , other guy was a waiter at country club = left over steaks / ribs etc . I never ran out of beer . still dream about them but my meds are like poison with alcohol .

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
First day on Martha's Vineyard bowhunting deer. Zero today but going to hit it hard tomorrow.

Members online

Latest posts