Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Omar Vizquel Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brs0887

Jan 23, 2016
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, but was pretty into collecting as a kid with my dad. Over the past few months I've pulled my collection out of storage to try and sort through and make sense of what I have. I grew up in Cleveland so the bulk of my cards are Indians players from the 90's, primarily Omar Vizquel. I've come across a couple that I cant seem to find listed anywhere, and if my 10 yr old memory serves correct, I remember my dad paying big bucks for a couple of them so I'm thinking they may be somewhat limited. I've read all about the crazy prices some Vizquel cards are going for so I'll just say now, I'm not really interested in selling (unless I can get enough for, lets say, a yacht!! haha) I'm more interested in just identifying and getting some info about what I have.

I've come across 10 cards made by "Line Up" dated 98-99 that appear to be a beer advertisement for the dominican beer Maltin Polar. The ones I have all feauture Omar Vizquel, but also show Andres Galarraga, Luis Sojo, and Edgardo Alfonzo on some of them. Several of them have the same pictures on one side, and different photos on the reverse but none seem to have any sort of numbering or way to indentify them other than by the pictures themselves. I can take pictures of each of them individually if anyone is interested/knowledgeable about them. I found one listed on ebay, but there is no picture of the reverse side so I'm unsure if this is one I have or a different variation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Venezuelan-Rara-Lineup-OMAR-VIZQUEL-Lider-Maltin/221429969942?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3Ddca1c8ffb9844e6898bc1e6c4b541cb6%26%E2%80%8Bpid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D251572508021

I have attached 2 pictures of the 4 cards I have that show this picture, and then flipped over with the variations. All cards are in the same order for both pictures.

The other Card I'm having trouble identifying is a 1999 Pacific Aurora. It has a stamp on the front side that says "Sports Images Grand Opening 1999" under the Pacific crown logo. It is numbered with what appears to be a sharpie, "9/10" on the front side. I can say with confidence that neither myself or my dad did that, and it's been tucked away in a closet for 12+ years. I have attached a picture of that as well.

Any information, or if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!
20160123_201343.jpg20160123_201356.jpg20160124_115302_resized.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Welcome to FCB!

Definitely looks like you've got some Venezuelan LineUp cards there. [MENTION=3600]VizquelCollector.com[/MENTION] probably has a good handle on what's what there (or check out his website if it's still active, good source for info on those releases).

The Pacific card appears to be a show/event stamped card. Back in the day Pacific would set up at big shows (or apparently in this case an opening of some business?) and either hand out specially stamped commemorative cards or have customers open packs and then they could have some cards stamped on site. They're not generally catalogued but there's many examples. [MENTION=2659]tpeichel[/MENTION] might have a running list of shows where these showed up, not sure. Tough to price things like that one, especially a player like Vizquel. A lot of those sell for a couple bucks for commons or semi stars but when you get into the big names there's no telling. Especially crazy Vizquel collectors who seem to have no problem paying big bucks for "after market" oddities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Welcome to FCB!! Great reply by [MENTION=2212]Brewer Andy[/MENTION], and tagged some members perfect to fill in the blanks!! They'll chime in shortly I'm sure!

brs0887

Jan 23, 2016
Awesome guys!! Thanks for the info. I hope to hear from the other members you mentioned, and thanks for the warm welcome!

brs0887

Jan 23, 2016
Hello and welcome. Do you happen to have any Sandy Alomar Jr. cards available?

I do, but I'm still in the process of sorting through everything and pulling it all out of closets back at my parents house. Anything in particular youre looking for? Otherwise, if you give me about a week I should have everything sorted out into some sort of order and can make up a list.

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
I do, but I'm still in the process of sorting through everything and pulling it all out of closets back at my parents house. Anything in particular youre looking for? Otherwise, if you give me about a week I should have everything sorted out into some sort of order and can make up a list.

Yeah if you can come up with a list and let me know, I would appreciate it. Mostly looking for rarer stuff now that I have picked up most of the base cards and more common inserts and parallels. Thanks!

Members online