Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps un retires #7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I thought the idea was stupid to begin with. Removing a number from a sequential set makes little sense.
I agree. As a complete set collector who keeps sets in binders, it always bothered me to have no number seven, and I'm a major Mantle and '50s/'60s Yankees fan.

I would have preferred if they had just reserved card #7 every year for a new Mantle card. That would have been cool, and much more of a tribute to Mantle. Especially if the card had a new picture from the Mantle archives that had never before been used on a card.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
yes, it's time for the Topps Yankees ****** to end and bring back #7 (but don't put a yankee in it every year).

I suppose Topps should also move HQ to Chicago so they can be close to the Cubs now. (lots of Cubs overexposure to replace the Yankees one).

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Retiring numbers is a slippery slope and I never thought they should do it in the first place. Too many what about this guy, and this guy, etc. etc.

Leave that to the teams.

Members online