Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1 per direct acct!! What does that mean to you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Big shocker that a hot Leaf product doesn't have controversy. Stealth launch? Or just dumping the rest of the product the big dogs didn't pick up first? BG continues to dig his hole. BTW will this be the first Leaf product to not sit on shelves and sell for 50% off in card shops? Leaf Memories, very fitting name. It reminds me how Leaf used to be a quality name in the Sportscards market.

Last edited:

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
I can see things from both sides. Obviously you take care of the 'big boys' giving them what they want. They probably make up 2/3 to 3/4 of your sales. BUT...its never a good idea to upset the other supporters in the market. I wish we could find out if the statements made by BG were true in that phone conversation.

Allen

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
From reading all of the threads about the various issues with insertions, big-talking and sell sheet lies, I can say I'm happy I don't buy leaf stuff from my LCS or big bix retailer anymore. It's a shame, too, because I like one of the products.

For all the folks that say "well, does Topps/Panini/UD do this?" I mean, yeah, it is great that he calls people back. Good on him. But if the behavior doesn't change (I've read threads about cards that Gray admits "should have never been in best of X product" across 3 or 4 releases...multiple times) what exactly is good about them? What is helpful? If he's rude and dismissive of complaints, how is it helpful?

I mean, I'm done with his products on the secondary market, too. If the sell sheet said 'one per direct account', and it wasn't abundantly clear that large scale customers could buy more, that is not acceptable. For whoever said this is how business is done. No. Lying is not how business is done. Giving large scale customers sweetheart deals are fine and happen all the time (and they should, probably). But when you mislead on a sell sheet to low-level customers in order to give those sweetheart deals, you are doing something nefarious.

Now, this might be a case of semantics. It may be that there are multiple kinds of accounts. Maybe there are tiers--direct, supplier, distributor, something like that. And you can only have a certain kind of account if you pre-commit to buying a certain levels for each product. Now, obviously, many are reading 'direct acct' to just mean any account that gets you the product direct from leaf. But if there are different kinds of accounts, I could see how the sell sheet was more of 'if you want this, you had better buy direct, because the rest is going to distributors, and they will jack the price up'.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I just don't see how anyone can expect a manufacturer to allocate the same amount of product to a 50k account to a million dollar account.

I wouldn't expect a manufacturer to do it in any other instance. But if they say they are going to do it, they should do it.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Every company has different tiers of buying.

So, can one company technically have more than one "account" and thus each "account" qualify for a case?

*Being serious, never been involved in that type of stuff so the knowledge is helpful. I understood direct account to mean one thing but very obviously could be wrong.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Greetings all.... I will post a single response to this thread taking the very wise advise of a number of fellow members who always advise to avoid confrontation and just say what you have to say..

1> standard direct accounts (stores, small internet dealers and show dealers) were permitted to order one case. That is it.

2> select internet retailers who support the full line of leaf products in a meaningful way were permitted to buy a SMALL AMOUNT MORE... The rumor and speculation quantities are merely that...

3> WE MADE 155 10-BOX CASES. THAT IS IT. Regardless if you agree with our distribution method, the quantity is factual. 155 cases is 155 cases no matter what.

4> Leaf NEVER stated that every single account was given 1 case. Based on the confusion/assumptions of a small handful of direct accounts, I will be happy to reword future order forms with YOUR MAXIMUM ORDER IS X.

5> We made this product for retailers of all sorts to have an opportunity to have an item that was NOT controlled by distributors. The response to this confusion makes me question if RETAILER only items are a good idea, as we have never had this sort of manufactured issue with distributor only products.

Lastly, I has seen several people refer to me as being cocky or arrogant. Most who have spoken to me in person know that I am confident and friendly as well. I know some of you do not buy our products for various reasons not related to that specific product. I understand and am sorry that is the case. The other manufacturers are probably fortunate you do not hold them to the same standard as no one would ever buy cards again.

Regardless, my job as a collector and manufacturer is to make the best most desirable product possible. I am undeterred in this quest regardless of how loudly my opponents yell otherwise.
I do hope in time that the products are able to do all the talking and I am not forced to come to the "defense" of claims that may not be factual.

All I can do is come here and provide great service and answers (even in the face of the firing squad)... Hopefully, I can win over those who have yet to give us a chance.. Well work hard to win you over one collector at a time.

Thanks to those who have supported Leaf Memories. It was a blast (and challenge) to build, but we are already getting cards for the future and couldnt be more excited at the prospect of eventually having most cards in the set signed as buybacks!
Have a great holiday... further questions can be directed to me by phone at 214-519-1078 or email at [email protected]....

Brian

Last edited:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Brian has once again has gotten himself in hot water for doing something which wasn't clearly defined and that leaned towards his buddies. Could be common but he isn't good at it

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

remove buddies

substitute customers

Leaf said that direct accounts would be allocated one case. They were allocated one case.

Online retailers are not direct accounts, they are a separate tier entirely. It would be kinda silly to limit them to one case.

Last edited:

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
remove buddies

substitute customers

Leaf said that direct accounts would be allocated one case. They were allocated one case.

Online retailers are not direct accounts, they are a separate tier entirely. It would be kinda silly to limit them to one case.

Exactly, but let Leaf haters have some fun trying to twist it into something to get all fired up. How Leaf is worst thing to ever come into the hobby. blah blah blah.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Feel bad for Brian. He just can't win. Don't even know why he bothers trying. Is he doing anything different then what other card companies do? Just curious as I'm not a shop owner so I don't know if a small hobby shop is usually allocated the same amount as a company as Blowout with a limited product? If usually they are then I could understand why a hobby shop owner may be upset. Still don't know why a collector who doesn't own a hobby shop would care.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Feel bad for Brian. He just can't win. Don't even know why he bothers trying. Is he doing anything different then what other card companies do? Just curious as I'm not a shop owner so I don't know if a small hobby shop is usually allocated the same amount as a company as Blowout with a limited product? If usually they are then I could understand why a hobby shop owner may be upset. Still don't know why a collector who doesn't own a hobby shop would care.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

because it's Leaf and they have all anserws

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Exactly, but let Leaf haters have some fun trying to twist it into something to get all fired up. How Leaf is worst thing to ever come into the hobby. blah blah blah.

And sheep are no better. Luckily for me, I'm neither since i've called it how i see it with Brian.

Those in the industry like the double talk, its boring and tired to those who witness it and couldnt care less about its purpose.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts