Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1 per direct acct!! What does that mean to you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
The problem is that people are crying foul when they shouldn't be. Everyone got their allocation so what is the problem?

This was my question, if no one with a direct account was shut out from getting a case, then I don't see anything wrong with selling all the left overs to the big retailers.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The problem is that people are crying foul when they shouldn't be. Everyone got their allocation so what is the problem?

Many directs would have like more than the one they were told they were allowed to have.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Sure they would have liked more. Everyone would have liked to have gotten more. That's beauty of the product with how limited it is and value it has.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
remove buddies

substitute customers

Leaf said that direct accounts would be allocated one case. They were allocated one case.

Online retailers are not direct accounts, they are a separate tier entirely. It would be kinda silly to limit them to one case.

"ONLY AVAILABLE TO DIRECT ACCOUNTS (NO DISTRIBUTORS FOR THIS RELEASE!)"

So Im confused then
If Leaf said "available to direct accounts only" and you agree that those accounts should have only received one each, how than did these retailers get their hands on 5-25 cases if distribution is to "direct accounts only at one per account"?

Whats clear is Brian went back on his word

"select internet retailers who support the full line of leaf products in a meaningful way were permitted to buy a SMALL AMOUNT MORE... The rumor and speculation quantities are merely that..."

Last edited:

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Okay, I am a bit confused. I have always thought DIRECT ACCOUNT meant you were a brick and mortar shop. NOT someone who does group breaks, or sells on ebay. Has this changed? Is it just different with Leaf than elsewhere?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Okay, I am a bit confused. I have always thought DIRECT ACCOUNT meant you were a brick and mortar shop. NOT someone who does group breaks, or sells on ebay. Has this changed? Is it just different with Leaf than elsewhere?

its different with Leaf as they are generally more accepting of group breakers than most. Also as a small manufacturer they have to be a bit more aggressive on the sales front.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
its different with Leaf as they are generally more accepting of group breakers than most. Also as a small manufacturer they have to be a bit more aggressive on the sales front.

Thus, there shouldn't be much complaining, since this group of folks isn't "direct" with any of the other manufacturers. I think it is pretty damn cool that Leaf let these folks in on the ground floor to buy in early, and cheap.

***This comment is not meant to be pointed at anyone in particular. Shoot, I wish I would have ordered one!

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Distributors are different from online retailers.

Yeah, okay, distributors are different than online retailers, but this is the solicitation email that you and I both got:

Greetings... here it is... the final release coming out in 2012...
2012 Leaf Memories Baseball
This salute to 1990 Leaf (one of the most popular sets of all-time) will be among the most highly coveted Leaf releases to date.
Including both buyback and original content, this release will excite both the old school collector who loved 1990 Leaf, as well as the newer collector in search of true rarity...
155 10-box Numbered Cases produced
This is ONLY available to direct accounts (not available to distributors)!!!!!
Each Box contains:
10 Base Cards (combination of buybacks #/20,/5,/1 and Leafs "cards that never were" #/99 and 1/1 plates)
2 Autograph Cards (combination buybacks #/ player's Jersey number and original "cards that never were" #/25 and 1/1 plates)
This product will begin shipping LATE THIS WEEK!... We expect sellout within 24 hours and we will ship immediately...
*** On this release, direct accounts placing orders agree NOT to offer this product on Dealernetb2b or ebay below Factory cost (includes auction format closing below cost)within the 1st 60 days.. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in immediate termination of account.
Factory Cost $***/10 box case.... LIMIT ONE PER CUSTOMER NO EXCEPTIONS
(We will begin confirming orders at 1 PM in an effort to allow customers supporting all of our products first opportunity to order)

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Respectfully, there is no misinterpreting this email. It's made clear that this is not going to distributors and ALL CUSTOMERS are limited to one case only.[/FONT]

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Thus, there shouldn't be much complaining, since this group of folks isn't "direct" with any of the other manufacturers. I think it is pretty damn cool that Leaf let these folks in on the ground floor to buy in early, and cheap.

***This comment is not meant to be pointed at anyone in particular. Shoot, I wish I would have ordered one!

If you've got a government issued business ID, you can buy from Leaf. That's what they consider a direct account.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Yeah, I got that email too.

Blowout, Atlanta and online retailers got a different email with their allocations. There was no need to inform hobby direct accounts what online retailers got.

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros

LEAF SUPPORTER!!!!!!! LETS START A NEW SITE THAT ISNT FILLED WITH PRO LEAF PROPAGANDA. THEREALFREEDOMCARDBOARD.COM

Members online