Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

JUST pulled this from a jumbo box, umm..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
It all comes down to trust. Those who do not know a person can certainly take something like this and question. From what I have seen and heard about Boomo my understanding is that those who know him well view him as someone who is trustworthy (if not a little boisterous at times) and has the track record to back it up. He's had group breaks where people pulled better items than this (especially if we accept that he did not know how rare this was when he pulled it and came and asked).

I do understand some questioning whether opening a product you also do group breaks with is a good idea (because of the fact some will question) but I think that using this as to question Boomo's reputation is unfair.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
The way he explained it made it seem like those loyal busters weren't busting..."you know what happens when wax lays around..."

However, I'm not a ripper so I don't know the etiquette of the biz.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
i opened a jumbo case and pulled it myself.
i had 10 cases and well, you know what happens with wax
thats just lying around, grrrr

Well, I think with how you did,ripping that extra wax laying around was OK. Didn't turn out too bad.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
jeez, almost as bad as a blowout post. Guys i had 10 jumbo cases, ripped 4 of them for customers, hit 4 kris bryants including a green, i never had the cubs,
all 4 went to customers. so yes one night, while not breaking and while i was catching up on dateline, I ripped a jumbo for myself. I bought it, see no reason why
i cant rip it. No bryant or anything much else cept the pink thing. Of course how shocking that sportscardtheory said something 1st, hes freedoms resident
tonedeaf2008, always starting crap. Probably is tonedeaf.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
jeez, almost as bad as a blowout post. Guys i had 10 jumbo cases, ripped 4 of them for customers, hit 4 kris bryants including a green, i never had the cubs,
all 4 went to customers. so yes one night, while not breaking and while i was catching up on dateline, I ripped a jumbo for myself. I bought it, see no reason why
i cant rip it. No bryant or anything much else cept the pink thing. Of course how shocking that sportscardtheory said something 1st, hes freedoms resident
tonedeaf2008, always starting crap. Probably is tonedeaf.

Stop being such a crybaby. I din't accuse you of anything. I just find it odd is all. Funny how the other breakers agreed that it's not the best practice. Keep fighting the good fight though.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Just think about what's being said for a moment.

Matt, who busts large amounts of wax for numerous customers wanted to bust a sealed case of his own.

On any day/night go watch what happens in these breaker rooms. Several of the biggest/trusted breakers take spots in their own group breaks.

Are gas station employees banned from buying scratch off lotto tickets?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I either know, or am friends with the top 8-10 group breakers out there. Every single one of them breaks wax personally. If you think otherwise, then you are just flat out wrong. Group Breakers like opening wax, is that surprising?

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Big deal, guy busted a case for himself. Whoopty doo. I don't get all the crap boomo receives, though maybe I just grew tired of conspiracy theorists. Always seemed like a good guy to me and entertaining at that.

Nice hit.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I don't care if some people don't find it a strange practice. I do, and so do others. You put doubt in one prospective buyer's head and you have already cost yourself money. I don't care if a breaker does this, it's their rep. That doesn't mean I won't voice my opinion. I didn't make this thread.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I was thinking of getting some golf lessons from the local pro until I found him out on the course actually playing a round.

I just don't think he'd be committed to fixing my swing when he's so worried about playing and enjoying golf for himself.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I was thinking of getting some golf lessons from the local pro until I found him out on the course actually playing a round.

I just don't think he'd be committed to fixing my swing when he's so worried about playing and enjoying golf for himself.

Haha

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

Holy cow if you think that is comparable. You are a genuinely funny dude, but, pun intended, you're swinging and missing a lot lately. Step up your game. ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts