Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cards you don't think exist but are on a checklist......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
That's because it was never made. I had a Fryman on my list for years as well - because that's what the checklist that was published had listed. Turns out - there were like 11 players who didn't sign in that set (Henderson included) that a gold parallel was NOT made, despite the published checklist. Its so stupid too - because beckett had a price listed for "sales" of these cards - even though none had ever surfaced!! So obnoxious.

This may not be true for all 11 players. Jeremy Giambi is one of those 11 who did not sign their Gold parallels, however I have seen both the unsigned Gold parallel AND one copy of a signed Gold.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I've had cards on my checklist which don't exist but I typically work with Beckett to prove it and get them removed. Anyways, only a few cards I can't seem to confirm they're out there but I'm pretty sure they are.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Let's get this thread relevant again!
Lot's of great info here.

Here are a couple of Parker's:

1979 Kellogg's #21A Avg. 281 SP - This is supposed to be an error variation. Everyone one that I have seen has his correct lifetime average of .318

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
2014 Topps Chipz #79 Mariano Rivera does not exist. Beckett has 24 different variations listed. I emailed them about it a bunch of times and then gave up.

Scott F

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I assume I posted this somewhere in this thread but I highly doubt a 2002 topps Pujols with a correct photo in the back was made.

I know I know, people have claimed they have one or saw one but there's so many different type of that card produced that year, it's easy to confuse.

Cases in point, there's a Japanese topps card with correct photo, there's an opening day with correct photo and most likely the version most confused with regular topps is the HTA version which has a correct photo.

Still, whenever I came upon a Pujols at a show, I still check, just in case.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Wow this thread is amazing... I'll get to the Doerr's that I don't think exist in a few days but for now here's the Lance Niekro's I am missing and have never seen in 10+ years of collecting him-I realize some of these I may just not of seen because they are sitting in a common box or unbroken wax somewhere.

Minor Leagues
2001 San Jose Grandstand #19
2003 Fresno Grizzles Multi-ad #16

2004 Fleer Sweet Sigs Autograph Gold/30
2004 Fleer Sweet Sigs Autograph Masterpiece/1
2004 Fleet Sweet Sigs Autograph Platinum/28

Beckett has pricing for the Gold & Platinum, but I have never seen either and the only ones that seem to pop up are the Red /150.

2006 Fleer Glossy Gold/10

2006 Topps Blue/ 10 (didn't know this even existed until a few months ago-anyone know the story on them?)

2006 Topps Platnium/1 (Beckett has listed this card forever and have never seen it and can't figure out why it's check listed differently than the rest of the Topps parallels?)

2006 Upper Deck Silver Spectrum #393

2006 Upper Deck Special F/X Blue #393 (Every time I think I have this one found it turns out to be the base or purple version and the seller could to tell the difference)

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
2006 Topps Blue/ 10 (didn't know this even existed until a few months ago-anyone know the story on them?)

There's a thread about these on one of the message boards. I believe there was a redemption or contest for these and only one was confirmed redeemed (or won). So they're closer to 1/1's unless the other 9 sets turn up.

I do know there's a blue Mariano in the collection I'm picking up in a couple weeks.

Scott F

EDIT: Found the thread:

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30721

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
There's a thread about these on one of the message boards. I believe there was a redemption or contest for these and only one was confirmed redeemed (or won). So they're closer to 1/1's unless the other 9 sets turn up.

EDIT: Found the thread:

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30721

So IT does exist! Thanks for the link to the thread and the helpful info--changing to a 1/1 on my master checklist.

Thanks,
Jeff

I thought you got that damn pin

-and most of those definitely exist

I thought I did too

Then what is this?

4WtTJo.jpg

Have never seen Astros Smokey...Astros Lennox HSE...High 5...or the Ultra Gold Medalion...

Last edited:

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
Haven't been able to find these 3 cards from the 2006 SP Authentic set. Any one have any info?

2006 SP AUTHENTIC #235 Martin Prado (auto)
2006 SP AUTHENTIC #279 Melky Cabrera (auto)
2006 SP AUTHENTIC HEROES #6 Carlos Lee

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I'm pretty sure that none of the Topps Platinum 1/1s of any of my PC players exist.

Not really, but eight different cards from base Topps and I have never seen any of the Platinum 1/1s. I guess I got unlucky and they all got stuck in retail.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
I'm pretty sure that none of the Topps Platinum 1/1s of any of my PC players exist.

Not really, but eight different cards from base Topps and I have never seen any of the Platinum 1/1s. I guess I got unlucky and they all got stuck in retail.

Where the 2006 Topps Platinum Retail-only?!?

Thanks,
Jeff

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Haven't been able to find these 3 cards from the 2006 SP Authentic set. Any one have any info?

2006 SP AUTHENTIC #235 Martin Prado (auto)
2006 SP AUTHENTIC #279 Melky Cabrera (auto)
2006 SP AUTHENTIC HEROES #6 Carlos Lee

The Lee may just not exist. There are two other cards from that set which seem to be SPed to some degree: #4 Brian Roberts, and #58 Griffey/Pujols/Cabrera. Only one Roberts is on ebay, and no #58 s. All three cards are unavailable on Sportlots as well.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota

Members online