Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1 per direct acct!! What does that mean to you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
it isn't that way with any other manufacturer.

You must maintain a brick and mortar hobby shop to buy their product direct. And with panini and UD you can't buy it at all even through a distributor without a hobby shop.

Chris, I was aware of the restrictions from Topps, Panini, etc. I didn't know exactly how Leaf works.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
I think it's awful presumptuous of you or anyone to assume that your orders are on par with online retailers.

And now you're just being pompous. No wonder people think you're on the take. I know you're not, but I can totally understand why people think that.

With a 155 case production run there was no reason to assume BG needed "online retailers" but not "distributors" to sell out this product. You can spin it however you'd like but with that limited of a case run there was no reason for any of us to assume that cases were going anywhere in bulk.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
And now you're just being pompous. No wonder people think you're on the take. I know you're not, but I can totally understand why people think that.

With a 155 case production run there was no reason to assume BG needed "online retailers" but not "distributors" to sell out this product. You can spin it however you'd like but with that limited of a case run there was no reason for any of us to assume that cases were going anywhere in bulk.

That's the first place you go? In that case, I'm done with you.

Cant even have a civilized discussion these days without someone flying off the handle.

Last edited:

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I think it's awful presumptuous of you or anyone to assume that your orders are on par with online retailers.

Even though his sell sheets clearly state, "Direct Accounts Only - One Per Account"
WTF are people suppose to assume Chris??? They should assume One per Account, not oooooooh, BG might be selling multiples to online retailers.
I guess going forward, whatever BG writes up in his sell sheets has to be taken with a grain of salt

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Even though his sell sheets clearly state, "Direct Accounts Only - One Per Account"
WTF are people suppose to assume Chris??? They should assume One per Account, not oooooooh, BG might be selling multiples to online retailers.
I guess going forward, whatever BG writes up in his sell sheets has to be taken with a grain of salt
I guess you're being presumptuous and so is All In Cards.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008

Yes, the wording in his email should have been different.

But at the end of the day people who ordered a case would have still ordered a case no matter what the email said. People who ordered and got a case are happy they got a case.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL

Cant even have a civilized discussion these days without someone flying off the handle.

Say what you want but you come off as the chief Leaf apologist. I don't post much on here, never have, but people are trying to have a discussion and you're basically saying that no matter what no one should question or have any problem with how Leaf runs their business. Leaf isn't getting singled out either, there are all kinds of posts with questions and concerns, and slamming of companies for their practices. Let it be and allow the discussion to run it's course.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA

First place I go? It's been the rhetoric of many from the origins of this board and I argued against it for a long time as a mod, but your last post was baloney and you know it. I know you aren't getting anything from BG, but with comments like that you aren't doing yourself any favors in fighting that perception. Presumptuous over 155 cases....please. You know if given the chance I could have swiped up 20% of the print run, so don't feed me BS about being presumptuous.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Say what you want but you come off as the chief Leaf apologist. I don't post much on here, never have, but people are trying to have a discussion and you're basically saying that no matter what no one should question or have any problem with how Leaf runs their business. Leaf isn't getting singled out either, there are all kinds of posts with questions and concerns, and slamming of companies for their practices. Let it be and allow the discussion to run it's course.

I am letting it run it's course.

I am a part of the discussion. Ignore the admin tag for the purposes of discussion.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
First place I go? It's been the rhetoric of many from the origins of this board and I argued against it for a long time as a mod, but your last post was baloney and you know it. I know you aren't getting anything from BG, but with comments like that you aren't doing yourself any favors in fighting that perception. Presumptuous over 155 cases....please. You know if given the chance I could have swiped up 20% of the print run, so don't feed me BS about being presumptuous.

Would you swipe up 20% of the print run of best of football? Because Peach State sports probably bought close to that. You have to reward guys who buy that kind of volume.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Would you swipe up 20% of the print run of best of football? Because Peach State sports probably bought close to that. You have to reward guys who buy that kind of volume.

Wait...I thought you were done with me?

And to answer your question, I was given the right to order 2 Best of Football and bought both that I was allowed to buy. Still not relevant to your "presumptuous" comment.

Last edited:

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
I still don't understand what the issue is? If the email had been clearer and specifically stated that larger online retailers can order more cases but others only one case would you have not ordered the product? What would it have changed? The print run is the same right? Were you guys damaged in any way? I don't get it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA

But they didn't reward Peach State Sports. In fact, Peach State Sports was cut off, as a distributor, from the release of Leaf Memories.......

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
1> standard direct accounts (stores, small internet dealers and show dealers) were permitted to order one case. That is it.

2> select internet retailers who support the full line of leaf products in a meaningful way were permitted to buy a SMALL AMOUNT MORE... The rumor and speculation quantities are merely that...

LIMIT ONE PER CUSTOMER NO EXCEPTIONS

Sorry BG, but these are blatantly conflicting statements, in my book.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Jim, you know that accusation infuriates me. If I say something good about Topps they pay me to say it (and believe me I have gushed over some topps stuff even recently) I can't genuinely like anything without people questioning my motives.

And yet, knowing this you went there.

You are defending BG/Leaf and calling me presumptuous when we're talking about a 155 case release that states no distributors, strict 1 case per CUSTOMER (I guess BO, ATL, Big T, etc aren't customers?). This wasn't a 5,000 case BC release, you obviously need everyone to move that quantity, this was 155 cases.

There's no point in playing semantics. I'm tired. I enjoy Leaf products, I just think this was handled really poorly and I feel blindsided by anyone getting bulk because that email sure as hell seemed pretty clear.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts