Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do these Autos Mantle, Williams look semi legit, legit, or fake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
My cousin found this ball doing a clean out. It has the autos of the 500 HR Club. Let me know what you think. Can get the other photos tomorrow.20170321_173811_resized.jpg 20170321_173820_resized.jpg

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'm not an auto expert but I have a Ted auto and it looks close to me. My biggest question would be the ink, it looks like the ball has been well taken care of but in the pics the ink looks brand new.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
A while back, I came across one of these, and did some research. Apparently there are several hundred forged 500 HR balls like this floating around. A few dozen got past PSA/DNA and JSA before they caught on. Unfortunately, I don't think this one is real. It's a shame because it would've been such a cool piece.

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
I told him to find a way to get authentication through JSA or PSA or someone reputable. Yeah some of the autos look good but not quite perfect. I told him to be careful with it.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I told him to find a way to get authentication through JSA or PSA or someone reputable.

People are always shocked at how much this costs, and they should be. It's pricey!

I'm not going to shout FAKE at it like some of the 500 HR balls I've seen; I'll just say that I wouldn't buy it.

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
People are always shocked at how much this costs, and they should be. It's pricey!

I'm not going to shout FAKE at it like some of the 500 HR balls I've seen; I'll just say that I wouldn't buy it.

I wouldn't buy it either. He doesn't know much about sports memorabilia and usually asks for my opinion on things he finds during clean outs. Heck of a find if it were/is real. Authentication sure isn't cheap you're right.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Although mentioned already, I'll state it is a Bullpen ball. Sorry.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Members online