Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
So I never really focused on Conine stuff from his second stint with the Marlins, because I didn't collect in 2004. It's been 18 months since I started "super" collecting him, and this is #2 on my post-2000 list. It also has a special place in my collection because it's one of the last two refractors I need. He was in the 1993 set, the 1997 gold embossed set, and refractors are my favorite technology. Anyway, I was trying to cross more off the list looking for regional food issues, so I included search description. Luckily, he doesn't have a million cards. Started in 1993 on the way to 06, and came across this auction: "2004 Topps Chrome Red X-Fractor Set Lot (29 different) - pick 1 - Only 63 Made"

Never showed up in my "Jeff Conine" search. Sure enough, he was last on the list. I hit the BIN, but it didn't give the option for player. I paid and sent him an email requesting Conine. No response. Marked as shipped a few days later, no tracking. Almost overlooked it tonight, it was in a thank you note envelope.

2z7earn.jpg

for $4.25. Don't know what constitutes a steal, but I'd have paid multiple times more.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts