Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jack Flaherty Called Up to the Cardinals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Will debut Friday vs the Giants. :mrgreen:

St. Louis has officially plugged a Leake.

[MENTION=7150]scotty216brs[/MENTION] [MENTION=12878]death2redemptions[/MENTION] [MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION]

Last edited:

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Pence and B.Crawford had to haze the rookie. Pence with the 2-R triple, Crawford with a double and a 2-R HR. Other than those guys, he was respectable. His stuff looked good when I saw him in the Future's Game this summer, but he did give up a couple runs in his 1 IP. He still looked solid with a nice delivery. He struck out 6 tonight in 4 IP I think?

His line:

4 IP 8 H 5 R 1 BB 6 K

At least the K rate is nice. He must have had decent stuff. Must be a lot of nerves for those guys in their 1st MLB game. I imagine a lot handle it better than others. I want to see what he had to say about his outing.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
"The first inning was probably the best that I felt," Flaherty said. "I came out and I was able to throw strikes and get ahead and really execute and locate pitches where I needed to. Just as in those middle innings, I made mistakes to really good hitters and they did what they should with it." ~ Jack Flaherty

That's all I see he had to say about his outing. Apparently Matheny said the problem was location issues with the FB.