Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

a queston about patch cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I got outbid on this and i think i am glad. Why do patch cards look so smooth and yet some loopy like this? Where do you think this came from or do you think it is fake?
KGrHqNhkFDwGgTLGBRLi9D5w4w60_57_zpsf008975d.jpg

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
I got outbid on this and i think i am glad. Why do patch cards look so smooth and yet some loopy like this? Where do you think this came from or do you think it is fake?
KGrHqNhkFDwGgTLGBRLi9D5w4w60_57_zpsf008975d.jpg
Could just be how the patch is from the jersey and partly due to it being a thicker patch. I don't think it means it was faked. Usually if a patch is faked you can tell by chipping along the edges of the patch windows and possibly some signs of glue. Hope this helps ya!:)

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I believe the Phils and the Cards have patches that are loopy (to use your word). Most patch material from most teams are a flat tackle twill but with respect to the Phils and Cards they are stitched like you see. I do not believe this is a fake patch. I think letter and logo are different than number patches as well.

Letters from logo
Jimmy Rollins 2012 National Treasures Fold Out Book Must See Phillie Patch 7 20 | eBay

2012 National Treasures Jimmy Rollins Book Card with Jumbo Phillies Patch 10 20 | eBay

Numbers
2003 Leaf Limited Jim Thome 7 Color Dual Game Jersey Patch Phillies D 10 | eBay

2011 Triple Threads Roy Halladay Autograph 11 Jersey Patch Phillies D 1 3 | eBay

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Everything in this thread is on point. The patch across the front of a few teams jerseys -- the Phillies, specifically, as I own a bunch -- are "sewed" on like that. It's not a flat material.

It's legit.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It also depends if its from the logo across the chest or the name/number on the back. I think most teams have the full-on loopy embroidery for logos, especially if it's something intricate like the Phillies script or a Cardinals logo, but the back patches would be the flatter twill material.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
It's 100% legit. I'm not saying all patch fakers are smart but I don't think many would put a small patch on a Ryan Howard card. The logos and insane patches are the ones faked. Plus as everyone has said this kind of patch is from the Phillies home jersey and it's much different than the away Howard jersey you showed.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
It's 100% legit. I'm not saying all patch fakers are smart but I don't think many would put a small patch on a Ryan Howard card. The logos and insane patches are the ones faked. Plus as everyone has said this kind of patch is from the Phillies home jersey and it's much different than the away Howard jersey you showed.

The loopiness is from the PHILLIES across the chest, which is the same on home and away. He showed a letter patch from the back of a road jersey... which is flat.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Astros had similar loopy patches for the team logo but flat for the name and number plates.

Latest posts