Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about 2004 Upper Deck Mariners regional issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I was scanning some cards for my Zistle collection when I came across one that might not be what I thought it was, so I thought I'd ask.

In my Olerud checklist I have a card I listed as "04 Mariners Archway Upper Deck #4". This is it:
011.jpg012.jpg
From what I gather it's part of a 16-card set inserted into packages of Franz bread. I always thought the "Franz" and "Archway" references were the same thing because aren't Franz and Snyder's like the same company, and Archway a cookie made by the company? Today I came across an eBay auction with these cards:
archway.JPG
They have the same design except they actually say "Archway" on them. The three players' card numbers correspond with the set checklist I have.

So my question is: Are there actually two versions of this set, one that says "Franz" and one that says "Archway"?

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
More than likely, probably a regional version of the set. It was probably distributed with Archway in areas where Archway is available and then distributed with Franz in areas where Franz is available. For example, here in Washington State, I've never heard of Archway, so it's likely not distributed here so we would have gotten the cards in a Franz product. It's probably pretty common when you have a product called something else regionally. I believe Franz used to be called ***'s up here. Same company, same product, but for some reason they used a different name in the west. And in those cases, you'd probably have two variations as well.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the info [MENTION=1906]Sly[/MENTION] . I've changed my checklist to include both Archway and Franz. I haven't seen many of either for sale online.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online