Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Bowman Chrome Green Auto Rafael Devers /99….. And a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
The good pulled this tonight, Went to target to pick my wife up a slushy and grabbed a pack for fun. I never hit anything usually from retail, but this is my second green auto from the 2015 bowman product.

The bad. WTF topps, I pulled another green auto last week and both have imperfections (look like correction) smudges on the card, not horrible but not what you want to see the first thing when you pull a nice hit)

Will topps replace it?

Also, I saw a completed auction of this guy went for quite a bit. I don't collect much baseball. So apparently it is a solid hit, but any input would be great.

scan of the card

Last edited:

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
Devers is a big prospect in the Red Sox system with a lot of power potential. He is currently in their Top 5 prospects. So yes, you did quite well.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Thanks guys, I was pretty happy with just getting an auto! Because the card appears to have manufacture issues with the surface do you think Topps would replace it? Is it worth trying to get it replaced?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Topps will likely deny a replacement request. Bubbles, smudges, surface scratches, etc are just a part of the hobby.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Topps will likely deny a replacement request. Bubbles, smudges, surface scratches, etc are just a part of the hobby.

Thats what I was afraid of. Which is really to bad, I understand that not every card will come out a gem but, every other card in the pack was fine, except of course this one. :(. Which again isn't horrible but I doubt it grades well on surface. Oh well still happy with the hit

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Thats what I was afraid of. Which is really to bad, I understand that not every card will come out a gem but, every other card in the pack was fine, except of course this one. :(. Which again isn't horrible but I doubt it grades well on surface. Oh well still happy with the hit
Sell it raw and describe the surface well.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
OK thanks for the heads up guys. I was going to list it, so I will do my best to describe the surface and CYA as much as possible. It is still a great looking card…

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
An update on this card. BO someone gave me an idea on a way to try and "clean" the surface of the card with microfiber and it Eureka… it worked :).

Before

After

Members online

Latest posts