Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Michael Jordan Basic Fleer Run Completed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
I have not collected much basketball for one reason. Back in 1986 I bought a decent amount of Fleer. I put together 2 sets and had 3 Jordan RCs as well as at least 5 each of all the other major stars. i ended up selling all of them in 1989 for a fraction of what they are worth now. I could never bring myself to collect basketball whole heartedly again. I have always regretted getting rid of the cards, especially the Jordans. I only had a few 1987 Fleer and a couple of sets of 1988 and 1989. I have dabbled a bit here and there with a few sets and small raw player collections. A few months ago I decided to reshape my collection into something I would truly enjoy. So I have decided to focus on a few players and sets that I have always wanted.

I will start at the end and end at the beginning

2002 Fleer #220

mjordan02flpsa9%20001.jpg

I bought several boxes of these in 2002 (the year my son was born) in hopes of completing a couple of sets, I collected it because I love the 89 fleer design. This is actually a pretty tough Sp, and there is an alternate card that is allowed in the PSA Registry because of it, this should be the only one accepted. PSA 9 via raw submit

1998 Fleer #23

jordanflpsa9.jpg

An eBay purchase because every raw one I have found had chipping on the edges. Hope to upgrade down the road to a 10.

1997 Fleer #23

image.jpg

Another eBay purchase, got it cheap and glad I did since the one I subbed came back a 7.

1996 Fleer #13

image.jpg

Just came in from my last submission, would also like to upgrade in the future

1995 Fleer #22

image.jpg

Same story as the 1996.

1993 Fleer #28

image.jpg

I got this card in a collection I bought about 8 years ago, been sitting in a box until I subbed it a few months ago.

1992 Fleer #32

mjordan92flpsa9%20001.jpg

I have subbed 4 of these, all 9s. I have no clue what is wrong with this one.

1991 Fleer #29

mjordan91flpsa10%20001.jpg

Another eBay bargain I lucked into, one of my earlier additions in this project

1990 Fleer #26

mjordan90flpsa10%20001.jpg

Yet another eBay purchase, the first Fleer set I was not fond of, but I think the Jordan is one of the few great cards in the set

1989 Fleer #21

image.jpg

I bought this in a team set raw on eBay for $7 dlvd because it look dead centered, I was rewarded as my hunch was correct

1988 Fleer #17

mjordan88flpsa10%20001.jpg

When I came back to the hobby in full force about 6 months ago and renewed my PSA membership this was one of the cards I subbed with my vouchers. This was the card that truly got me excited about the project

1987 Fleer

image.jpg

A raw submit from about a month ago. I was very displeased with the grade and have looked at several 8s and a few 9s to upgrade. I am yet to find one that I like better at a sensible price. Will hold until I find a nicely centered 8 or 9

And finally.....

1986 Fleer #57

mjordan86flpsa8%20001.jpg

I decided a few months ago before I decided to do the entire set that I was going to get this card. I abandoned a few other projects I was never going to finish and bought a beautiful 8 that was never shipped. I secured my refund from eBay and ended up getting this card on 4x eBay bucks day. I wish l/ r centering was a little better, but easily one of my favorite cards

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts