Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I still need the Belle base from this release but for anyone who is interested, I was able to pick up all the serial numbered Belle cards from this release for an average of $5 all-in a piece outside of the /10 which I paid $20 and the /5 which I paid $23. It was also nice that @Pine Tar sent me the /99 to contribute to the PC and was just such an awesome gesture :) I also forked over like $100 or whatever for the 1/1 but I'm OK with that considering the balance were all picked up relatively cheap.

As for the SP cards which we have no clue what their print run is... these were all picked up for $3 to $5 all-in outside of the "maze" or "circuit board" for $13. I also can't seem to locate (haven't looked very hard) for what Beckett is calling the "Stripes" card? Anyone have a clue about this one... I'm going to start trying to figure it out now.

I also picked up a printing plate for like $40, so that was nice. I'm pretty much only a few printing plates away from having all the cards of Belle from this release. All-in-all not a bad release for me $ wise IMO.

That's awesome, I'm bummed you didn't get an auto or buyback chain to go after too!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Thanks guys for the comments back. I thought it would be worse than it turned out. I still need the base card and then one more SP and I'll be good. Who knows if all printing proofs will make it out into circulation or not.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Beckett has one called "Stripes"?! Not sure exactly but I'm one short. Also need the base but not willing to pay $1 plus $3 s/h. Lol
it will look like this one does

2014-Topps-High-Tek-Base-Stripes.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
bah, lost out on the Pedro Martinez charcoal diffractor #1 /1. it looks like it has registered the second highest completed sale price for the non-auto #1 /1 cards, behind only the Vizuel. Went for $200 less than the Kershaw.

now it means i can't finish the rainbow!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
bah, lost out on the Pedro Martinez charcoal diffractor #1 /1. it looks like it has registered the second highest completed sale price for the non-auto #1 /1 cards, behind only the Vizuel. Went for $200 less than the Kershaw.

now it means i can't finish the rainbow!

Do you mean it went for $200 more than the Kershaw?

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
^yes, that is what i meant :)

sold for $460-ish, Kersh for $330-ish. so i guess not exactly $200 more. i round alot.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
I have all 14 Gwynns. I don't count the one of one or plates one of ones. Cost me $296 shipped. What do people think of that, and what a Gwynn fan be willing to pay.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have all 14 Gwynns. I don't count the one of one or plates one of ones. Cost me $296 shipped. What do people think of that, and what a Gwynn fan be willing to pay.
That doesn't seem bad considering it is Gwynn. I personally think you probably could have done a little better with patience but it is what it is. I got all the Belle's for under $100 total and the 1/1 cost me about $100 and a plate about $50, so I'm less than $100 for all the Belle's and then including the 1/1 and one of the four plates, at about $250.

I did track sales and got each of mine for like 1/3 of what the first few of each sold for. I mean for example, the TEKtonic /50 for Belle first few sold for like $20 each or just under. I got mine for like $4 all-in. Just told myself to be patient because people are going to go crazy initially but there is going to be a huge supply of these things.

Members online

Latest posts