Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Featured Thread] 1991 Topps: The $100 Card, Glowing Backs & More

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 4, 2008
10:1 that Vizquel was a legit sale. The buyer has bought a couple dozen Vizquel/Galarraga cards from me over the past 6 months. He is completely price insensitive and has paid thousands for single Vizquels. Just nuts. Those Venezuelans are hardcore!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I've been doing some looking through the few 91 Topps that I have. Like many of us, I got rid of so, so many commons. But I have found a few to dig through. So far, the only one that is really bold is this one, Jim Acker. My iPad can't take a picture (while I hold the light) well enough to show how it pops in the black light.

View attachment 56578

But he more I searched, I found a couple that were a little, umm, disturbing. It's like the cards had a message just for me. What do you think?

View attachment 56579

Then I found this one...

View attachment 56580

Just having some fun, folks. 😛

LOL!!!!

Jan 14, 2009
10:1 that Vizquel was a legit sale. The buyer has bought a couple dozen Vizquel/Galarraga cards from me over the past 6 months. He is completely price insensitive and has paid thousands for single Vizquels. Just nuts. Those Venezuelans are hardcore!

Yes, this was far more a Vizquel sale than anything. I have been watching $1-3 blank banks and the like sell for hundreds. I am ALWAYS the last to pick up on these weird card trends/fluke PC frenzies and spend waaaaayy too much money on junk product for the sake of research and discovery. It's nice to finally have caught a big sale.

Also, for FCB members, if you are still looking for a glow or non-glow variation of your player, PM me, just prior to this listing I broke 11 boxes of various packaging. I am happy to send along whatever I can.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
image_70.jpg

Jan 14, 2009
What cards are on the bottom? Dawson has a glow back box bottom card.

Every box bottom I have checked has been the glow variation. However, there is a very limited printing of the boxes on vanilla bean/O-pee-chee type stock which I have yet to check out.

(Edit: There is a poorly cut Dawson on COMC now...$0.91...not mine)

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Every box bottom I have checked has been the glow variation. However, there is a very limited printing of the boxes on vanilla bean/O-pee-chee type stock which I have yet to check out.

(Edit: There is a poorly cut Dawson on COMC now...$0.91...not mine)

All of my Dawson box bottoms where glows except the OPC

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Bought a couple vending boxes of 91 topps today. Opened two so far but no notable errors.

Couldn't resist at 3 for $10

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Got two more Dawson Desert Shields in the mail today and both of them are glow backs and both look to have real stamps

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Just remembered that I have 1991 Topps Eddie Murray AS, Matt Williams AS, Darryl Strawberry AS, and Don Zimmer MGR cards in my Andre Dawson mention collection. I checked them and all have glow backs. I have the Desert Shield version and all have glow backs also. If anyone else is being as crazy as I am and come across an 1991 Topps Eddie Murray AS, Matt Williams AS, Darryl Strawberry AS, or Don Zimmer MGR non glow back then please let me know.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Also, I saw some Topps 40 logo glowed, some nothing and some the frame of card. Do cards come in all 3, or are some cards one or the other (glowing) and a non-glow?

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Also, I saw some Topps 40 logo glowed, some nothing and some the frame of card. Do cards come in all 3, or are some cards one or the other (glowing) and a non-glow?

Dawson comes in glow with border and logo glowing at the same time, and two different colors of non glow backs. I wish he had some of the just the border or just the logo glow

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
So do all legit Desert Shield cards glow?

While I'm not sure if all desert shield cards glow or not, it is my understanding, that you will not find the same desert shield player card in both glow and no glow format ... though, I could be wrong!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts