Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Flea Market Oddball Haul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
found a bunch of cool stuff today, guy was clearing stuff out mostly $1 each I picked up about 50 single items and the 2 boxes of baseball cards for $40 total. honestly not sure on the values on most of this stuff, but the stuff is just too cool and I really don't care on the values but im sure theres some gems in here.

old newspaper clippings
IMG_5489_zpsa73625da.jpg

oddballs, mickey mantle HR flip book is awesome, braves player cube
IMG_5501_zps884b4879.jpg

oddballs
IMG_5497_zpsa0c50ade.jpg

IMG_5492_zps3f19e9bd.jpg

IMG_5491_zps210ab71b.jpg

IMG_5490_zps39775e12.jpg

IMG_5493_zps0ef86e77.jpg

few cards Griffey/ 1989, smith /2000
IMG_5500_zps82f91b9a.jpg

non sports hank Williams jr ticket, 1963 yonkers raceway ticket, theo Roosevelt card
IMG_5494_zps85805e7a.jpg

Last edited:

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
have a fealing I should have bought more of his non sports stuff but wasn't sure on values but for $1 I should have bought more

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
Awesome pick up man!!! You always kill it... I wish I had flea markets like that around me... That Bo Jackson wrist band is sweet... Again great job

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
That Ted Williams exhibit is NOT an oddball. That is a legit card my friend!

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Seems anytime I venture into a flea market, everyone thinks it's still 1992, and are still asking 1992 prices for their junk.

A_Pharis

The reason why he asks is because that's from 2001 Donruss. They had regular non-auto versions numbered to the year of the original DK that is represented (i.e. Griffey with 1989). They also had auto versions numbered to the last 2 digits of the year (i.e. Griffey would be 89). Griffey, however, didn't get to sign his since I think he became an exclusive... so DLP included it anyway - without an auto.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
First off, really cool pickups! Wish thy had them near me.

The reason why he asks is because that's from 2001 Donruss. They had regular non-auto versions numbered to the year of the original DK that is represented (i.e. Griffey with 1989). They also had auto versions numbered to the last 2 digits of the year (i.e. Griffey would be 89). Griffey, however, didn't get to sign his since I think he became an exclusive... so DLP included it anyway - without an auto.

Interesting. I'm assuming the /89 of his are tough to find lol

looks tan to me

Hope it's real for your sake :)

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

reprints.jpg

This set is an autographed parallel of the Diamond Kings Reprints. Each card is serial numbered to the year the card made its appearance in the Donruss set, minus 1900. Eleven of the nineteen autographees packed out as redemptions.
Since Ken Griffey, Jr. was under an exclusive autograph contract to Upper Deck, Donruss was unable to have him autograph any of his DKR cards. Since he was the only player unable to sign, Donruss simply made a special un-autographed parallel numbered to only 89 copies, to round out the set. As mentioned in the listing for the regular DKR's, the Griffey, Jr. is an un-corrected error, as the card reprinted was in the 1990 Donruss set, not the '89 one.

Members online

No members online now.