Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

***** Friday Morning Thread *****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Good morning...... Furnace guy here changing some parts....$$$$$$$ oh well!
any need this for something Yankees?:
racpacl.png

I like the Ozzie Showing. I might have a NYY pack to swap you.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Morning all. Could not sleep for the life of me last night. Had to be up at 5 but didn't zonk out till after 2am

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Morning all. Lots of stuff going on here. First of all, on the National level, it is Fun at Work Day. Good luck with that.

On a more personal note, today is my Hank Aaron birthday - we now share the number 44. I started my celebration last night at the Salem Red Sox auction. Picked up lots of cool stuff including tickets to Fenway, a gamer bat and lots of signed balls. I will try to get pics of those next week. The celebration will continue tonight in Charlottesville at the UVA (ranked #1 in the nation) annual baseball dinner and auction. Looking forward to seeing friends including @moxacaine tonight. The guest speaker is John Farrell. Nice of them to arrange that for my birthday ;).

Anyway, I am no where near done scanning the hits from my big mail day, but I figured today was the best day to share my two favorites.

First is this one. I know the eye appeal is not so great now, but I think it will get better with time.

Maddox Glavine Smoltz Triple Auto Relic.jpeg

Finally, since we now have something in common, I think today is the day to share this one. I will still put more scans over the coming weeks, but none come close to this one...

Aaron Banks Dual Auto.jpeg

Edit...I should have been more clear. The above is dual auto book /10.

Make it a great day.

Last edited:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Brothers Calfas - hopefully this comes across as well as I would hope. When you search for cards in the hobby, specifically 90s inserts, do you have a strict standard that abide by?

I know GC is a big fan of 93 refractors, but is there a price where you just say to yourself "this is my price and I don't care if I'm saving this much I just can't go over it."

Pete - Do you stick to just buying a myriad of players but say "I will pay this much for a gold or an insert for Mo Vaughn or a Detroit player, but only if its this brand."

I guess what Im asking is, do you both have rigid guidelines that you don't deviate from, regardless of what it does/can do for your collection?

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
MisterT - that box of cards that you've compiled sure is incredible thus far. Wow!

Happy birthday Sir!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good Morning Everyone, I have not had water for three days thanks to this great weather we have been having. Finally was able to work on it this morning and I have running water again. No more running to someone elses's house to take a shower before work.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Morning all. Lots of stuff going on here. First of all, on the National level, it is Fun at Work Day. Good luck with that.

On a more personal note, today is my Hank Aaron birthday - we now share the number 44. I started my celebration last night at the Salem Red Sox auction. Picked up lots of cool stuff including tickets to Fenway, a gamer bat and lots of signed balls. I will try to get pics of those next week. The celebration will continue tonight in Charlottesville at the UVA (ranked #1 in the nation) annual baseball dinner and auction. Looking forward to seeing friends including @moxacaine tonight. The guest speaker is John Farrell. Nice of them to arrange that for my birthday ;).

Anyway, I am no where near done scanning the hits from my big mail day, but I figured today was the best day to share my two favorites.

First is this one. I know the eye appeal is not so great now, but I think it will get better with time.

View attachment 29494

Finally, since we now have something in common, I think today is the day to share this one. I will still put more scans over the coming weeks, but none come close to this one...

View attachment 29495

Make it a great day.

Very nice cards. I finally pulled the trigger on the Dawson /25 from this set last night, can't wait to get it in.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning guys. Only one class today, and that's at 9 this morning. After that, its time for the weekend. I thought about going home so I could take most of my TwinsFest haul home with me, but I think I'll wait until next weekend. My girlfriend has a track meet in town tonight, I think its only a triangular meet so they are having her run something that she's not used to running. Her dad, grandpa, and aunt are coming up to watch her. Its always a joy to be around her dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.