Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brian Dozier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
dude has been on fire and hit three home runs today. That's 38 now for the year. Any chance people finally start to notice he is a good player and his prices will start to reflect that?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Just bought this today and got it signed after the game today

52c1db08e00bbdb144e8f9e5019b5a8d.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Hella nice!
Got a nice little recap I gotta write up tonight or tomorrow. Saw him hit 5 home runs this weekend. One cool note about his game today for me. I was at his first career 2 home run game in Denver in 2014 and I was at his first career 3 home run game today.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Any chance people finally start to notice he is a good player and his prices will start to reflect that?
He might get a minor bump in price from Twins fans, but nothing more than a temporary one.

Good solid player (averages about 25 homers, 75 rbi, 15 steals a season), but he has a .247 career batting average and turns 30 next year. He's certainly not a future Hall of Famer, so I don't see many people outside of Twins fans having a reason to pay a premium for his cards.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
He's close to breaking some records

36 of his 38 homers have come as a second baseman.
So he's 3 away from Alfonso Soriano's AL record of 39 for a second baseman.

And he's six away from the MLB record of 42 set by Davey Johnson and Rogers Hornsby.

If he ends the season with 43, he doesn't break the record since two homers weren't hit as a second baseman. (Johnson hit 43, but only 42 were as a 2B)
So he needs 45 to break the record of 42.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
He's close to breaking some records

36 of his 38 homers have come as a second baseman.
So he's 3 away from Alfonso Soriano's AL record of 39 for a second baseman.

And he's six away from the MLB record of 42 set by Davey Johnson and Rogers Hornsby.

If he ends the season with 43, he doesn't break the record since two homers weren't hit as a second baseman. (Johnson hit 43, but only 42 were as a 2B)
So he needs 45 to break the record of 42.
I'm pretty sure they'll give home the record at 43 considering his primary position is second base. It's not the record for homers hit while playing second base, but most homers by a second baseman, and he is a second baseman

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm pretty sure they'll give home the record at 43 considering his primary position is second base. It's not the record for homers hit while playing second base, but most homers by a second baseman, and he is a second baseman
I was going by what they were saying on The MLB Network today.

And the official records by position are based on what position they were playing when the home runs were hit, not what position they usually played all season:

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/recbooks/rb_hr2.shtml

Johnson hit 43 homers that season, but the record he holds is 42 because he was playing another position when he hit one homer.

And notice that the most homers by an outfielder is Barry Bonds at 71, not the 73 he hit that season. (Same with McGwire: 69 at first base instead of 70 total.)

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I've been collecting his cards(as I can through pulls and whatnot) but he has very limited stuff out there as far as autos. That might keep prices a little higher than your average player who has a zillion autos out there.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I've been collecting his cards(as I can through pulls and whatnot) but he has very limited stuff out there as far as autos. That might keep prices a little higher than your average player who has a zillion autos out there.
Doesn't he only have autos in 2012 finest?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Any chance people finally start to notice he is a good player and his prices will start to reflect that?

since he plays in Minnesota, no chance unless he gets traded or signs a free agent deal in New York, Los Angeles, or with the Cubs.

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
I've collected Dozier since the first day I saw that he had cards. I watched him play close to a 100 games in college at the University of Southern Mississippi, and I tend to collect guys that went to school there (Brett Favre is another one). So, I have most of his superfractors and other 1/1s, the full rainbows that go with those superfractors, and every auto of his except the 2012 Finest Superfractor (never seen it) and two of the 2012 Finest press plate autos. I watch the Twins on the MLB package, so it has been a lot of fun for me over the past couple of months. I have his 2016 Topps Chrome superfractor on the way too. I definitely don't expect Dozier to keep up with this epic pace, but hopefully it's a sign that he will be good for years to come.

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
Hopefully all of this leads to more auto cards for him! I'd love for him to have an Allen and Ginter auto, as well as Triple Threads and Museum Collection.

Members online

Latest posts