Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Two more for the Phillies set. Coming for ya Scotty ;)
5075c038e4e0fd92aa5844c4e4f6c470.jpg

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
A big one for my John L. Sullivan collection- Cuban issue and one I wasn't aware existed before I saw it listed.

Propagandas Monteil presents Los Reyes Del Deporte!
32101543791_93529567d6.jpg

and then two exhibits for the Philles Type Set

31410227853_e4b3a6277f_n.jpg

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
A big one for my John L. Sullivan collection- Cuban issue and one I wasn't aware existed before I saw it listed.

Propagandas Monteil presents Los Reyes Del Deporte!
32101543791_93529567d6.jpg

That Cuban set is one of the more condition sensitive cards I've come across. The paper stock that was used was literally paper thin, so many of them have holes and rips. To have an SGC 30 is a treasure. I really like the set, and I really happen to like that the back is completely in Spanish. Great pickup!

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Thanks Zan and thanks for the info! The back has no paper loss and the printing is very clean and clear. It does appear to look like "parchment" type paper that makes sense? I'll scan the back in a sec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Thanks Zan and thanks for the info! The back has no paper loss and the printing is very clean and clear. It does appear to look like "parchment" type paper that makes sense? I'll scan the back in a sec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, definitely makes sense. Here is a pic of my Hank, looking to upgrade to a cleaner (and much better centered example)

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Winter has been cold this week, so I ordered some extra blankets....1914 B18 style!
Luke Boone green and blue infield

Roy Hartzell blue infield

Fritz Maisel green infield

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Not even graded by PSA.....must be counterfeit! ;)

Neat pickups, Danny. How were those distributed?

Thanks! They were distributed wrapped around several brands of tobacco, though I know not which brands. They look like small blankets and many actually used them in quilting of blankets (not unlike the collector who used game used jersey pieces a number of years ago!!!!!!)

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Is this even vintage, bro?

Incredibly rare 1964 Topps Rookie All Star Banquet card featuring Hank. This card is part of a 35 card set that was used as the program for that night's event, which was only distributed to those who attended, so you can imagine really how scarce these are.

This may be the second or third I've ever seen, and one of only 6 graded by PSA, none graded by SGC (yet ;))