Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*** Meet The METS -All things NY Mets related ***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GUCD231

Apr 21, 2009
DEER PARK,NY
Well thank you......thank you very much.

P.S. there was also 18 met players before the little pic of Barry,lol.

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Well thank you......thank you very much.

P.S. there was also 18 met players before the little pic of Barry,lol.

lol the Mets customs are cool, but it clearly states you PC Bonds, and not the Mets, i dunno any Mets fan who'd also PC Bonds, no disrespect

WaxPax

Great thread to the OP.I am a big Mets fan and collect mostly 1986 Mets as well as current stars and Shea Stadium memorabilia.I hope to show some of it off here.I will start with a 1986 Mets custom set I made with the help of a great graphic designer from this site.I could not find a nice complete set of players from any set of the team,18 of them to be exact.I have plenty of different player autos but nothing that could be put together like this.I used certified autographs from different card companies.Many were damaged or dull looking design wise.I know cutting up cards is frowned upon around here,but for my purpose they serve a better good.

Those custom cards are awesome, I love how you have Buckner in there...lol nice touch

Thanks for the praise about starting the thread. I hope when things turn around for the team, more will contribute to the thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

GUCD231

Apr 21, 2009
DEER PARK,NY
Nah,bro none taken,I do PC Barry Bonds but I also PC Mets which is why I really like this thread.Here are my PC folders of them,there's alot of stuff.

David Wright PC- DAVID WRIGHT PC Photos by GUCD231 | Photobucket

Jose Reyes PC (when he was a Met)- JOSE REYES PC Photos by GUCD231 | Photobucket

My Mets PC- METS PC Photos by GUCD231 | Photobucket

Shea Stadium Memorabilia PC - Shea Memorabilia Photos by GUCD231 | Photobucket

Oh and this puppy,again 1986 Met themed.

lol the Mets customs are cool, but it clearly states you PC Bonds, and not the Mets, i dunno any Mets fan who'd also PC Bonds, no disrespect

GUCD231

Apr 21, 2009
DEER PARK,NY
wow, im jealous, those are some great cards!
Lol,thanks.Yeah Bill had to be included.Until things pick up,or when Harvey's not pitching,we can remember our Amazin's back in the day.
Thank you.I have been collecting for a while now.I remember when you would be lucky to find Gooden and Strawberry on a certified auto in a Mets uni.Now almost everyone is available

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
If any of you guys are bobble head fans, find the thread called "my bobble head starting lineup" the op posted his, and I posted mine back, consisting of all Mets bobble heads!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
And we just brought in Dice-K on a major league deal. I guess they need a spot filler with Hefner and Mejia going down

WaxPax

2013 FLORIDA STATE LEAGUE POSTSEASON ALL-STARS

Catchers
NAMEPOSTEAMMLB ORG
Gary SanchezCTampaNYY
Matt KochCFort MyersMIN
Infielders
NAMEPOSTEAMMLB ORG
Jonathan Rodriguez1BPalm BeachSTL
Jon Berti2BDunedinTOR
Richie Shaffer3BCharlotteTB
Javier BaezSSDaytonaCHC
T.J. RiveraUTSt. LucieNYM
Outfielders
NAMEPOSTEAMMLB ORG
Dustin Lawley*LFSt. LucieNYM
Brent KeysCFJupiterMIA
David PopkinsRFPalm BeachSTL
Aaron AltherrUTClearwaterPHI
Designated Hitter
NAMEPOSTEAMMLB ORG
Kennys VargasDHFort MyersMIN
Pitchers
NAMEPOSTEAMMLB ORG
Justin Nicolino**LHPJupiterMIA
Kyle RyanLHPLakelandDET
Taylor RogersLHPFort MyersMIN
Matt BowmanRHPSt. LucieNYM
Relievers
NAMEPOSTEAMMLB ORG
Nick WittgrenRHPJupiterMIA
Ronnie ShabanRHPPalm BeachSTL
Field Staff
NAMEPOSTEAMMLB ORG
Doug MientkiewiczManagerFort MyersMIN
Ryan EllisCoachSt. LucieNYM
Dave KellerCoachDaytonaCHC

WaxPax

Nicolino, Lawley take top FSL honors
Marlins, Mets farmhands named Pitcher, Player of the Year
By Sam Dykstra / MiLB.com
08/22/2013 2:51 PM ET

Nicolino_Lawley_c207cpwq_4g2fh3v5.jpg

When the season began, expectations were high for Justin Nicolino's introduction to the Florida State League with Class A Advanced Jupiter. The same can't necessarily be said for Dustin Lawley in St. Lucie. Now with the season mostly behind them, both are taking home some well-earned hardware.
[h=2]Related Content[/h]

The Florida State League named Lawley its Player of the Year on Wednesday while Nicolino received Pitcher of the Year honors. Both were also placed on the circuit's postseason All-Star squad, which includes big-time prospects Javier Baez (Daytona) and Gary Sanchez (Tampa).
Nicolino -- Miami's No. 4 prospect -- went 5-2 with a 2.23 ERA, a 1.11 WHIP and 64 strikeouts in 18 starts (96 2/3 innings) for the Hammerheads this season. His ERA would have been lowest and his WHIP second-lowest in the FSL had he enough innings to qualify. The 21-year-old left-hander's chance to hit that mark was taken away when he was promoted to Double-A Jacksonville in late July.

Lawley, meanwhile, has been the best power hitter in a circuit that notoriously favors those on the mound. His 25 homers lead all sluggers and put him seven ahead of his closest competition -- a three-way race for second between K.C. Hobson (Dunedin), Nick Ramirez (Brevard County) and Kennys Vargas (Fort Myers), each with 18.
The 24-year-old left-fielder, whose previous career high was just 14 homers last year for Class A Savannah, also ranks first with 90 RBIs, second with a .514 slugging percentage, tied for third with 31 doubles and sixth with an .826 OPS. He spotted a .257/.311/.514 line over 117 games with the Mets.
Fort Myers first-year skipper Doug Mientkiewicz was named Manager of the Year after leading Fort Myers to a South Division first-half title and the circuit's best overall record at 71-52, as of Wednesday.

Sanchez -- the Yankees' top prospect -- was one of two catchers named to the postseason All-Star team after accruing a .254/.313/.420 line with 13 homers and 61 RBIs in 94 games for Tampa before his call-up to Double-A Trenton. Cubs top prospectBaez, who is now with Double-A Tennessee, was the lone shortstop honored after putting up .274/.338/.535/17/57 numbers in 76 games for Daytona.
Jupiter's Brent Keys claimed the center field spot, thanks to his FSL-leading .351 average and no one within 30 points of that number. Hammerheads closer Nick Wittgren (23 saves, 0.86 ERA) was paired with Palm Beach's Ronnie Shaban (16, 1.76) as the circuit's best closers.
In all, Jupiter, St. Lucie and Fort Myers each led the way with three representatives apiece on this year's All-Star team.
Here is a complete list of selections:

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Pm me info and I'll take care of it when I have a free moment, which could take a lil while haha. Thanks man! I love adding bobble heads to the collection, I have to have over 50 now, strictly Mets

Edit to add: and I think only one or two aren't SGA, the rest are

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Now that Harveys gone down, sounds like the Mets are about to make some moves...stay tuned...(some of the names floated about include Buck, Byrd and Feliciano)

Members online