Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's the problem with the selling forums?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Why is it there is close to zero interest on buying/sale threads? I just don't get it. There's lot of members who post here so in theory there should be lots in that section. Does everyone here just not buy cards from forums and only use eBay?

I had a 2011 BC Springer Auto I had listed here for 2 full days at 70. Didn't get any action. Sold it at auction for 105 yesterday.

So even when cards are priced well below market people still aren't interested?

What are your opinions? It just doesn't make sense to me that there are so many members but hardly anyone buying and selling (which is one of the main uses of this forum, or at least was)

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I don't get it. I just stopped listing here due to the same problem you had. I refuse to sell at half ebay to move something and not use ebay.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Steals and Deals man is what everyone wants. Really I'm not sure. I list somethings here and people don't budge, but I then sell the same thing I eBay just like you for most of the time the same price only now I have to pay the fees :lol:

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
I never listed anything for sale but my perception was that most wanted to pay a price where they could make money on a flip. I may be wrong but there did not seem to be much interest at market prices.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I never listed anything for sale but my perception was that most wanted to pay a price where they could make money on a flip. I may be wrong but there did not seem to be much interest at market prices.
Even at 25-30% off market prices there is no interest.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I check the transaction boards quite a lot and am very dissapointed there isn't more there to be purchased. A lot of the threads are willing to buy or trade for threads or people selling mostly prospects. So it's hard for me to find cards I want. I'm not looking for a way below ebay deal. Just for cards of guys I collect.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I just put up a cheap Springer lot in the forums. We'll see how it goes.

I hate selling on eBay (very very rarely do) but we all know there's certain cards which should be auctioned.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
From my experience, people don't want to buy here unless they are getting a huge percent off eBay

I listed my Singleton Sterling ref auto psa 10 yesterday at 75 and said i was open to offers.

Didn't get one text, pm or anything about it. Sold it on eBay.

Singleton was just called up too and was mashing AAA ball, so it's not like it was some scrub prospect

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I have significantly better luck on almost everything I sell on Ebay vs. on the forums. Since I deal almost entirely in prospects, many people on forums are only looking to buy prospects to flip right away. There's a significantly greater buyer pool of collectors and other buyers who don't do forums.

When I flip my Red Sox prospect stuff, the buyers are almost entirely from the New England Area when I sell on Ebay. I take that as either local people who might try to flip at shows, guys who run New England shops, or just regular Red Sox fans. But on the boards, you mostly deal with people looking to buy and sell, so therefore I rarely do business on the boards. Even when I offer well below Ebay and include BO, I still rarely get any interest, so I just don't try much anymore

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Since FCB is still not well known, almost everyone that posts here on a daily basis knows each other. I used to buy from people here until I ran into a situation that just didn't feel right. The problem of course is with me (because I'm too sensitive). When i get scr**ed over, no matter if it's only a couple of dollars or cents, everyone I buy from suffers since it has nothing to do with getting my money back. The last I bought from someone here was over a year ago. Although I log on here and visit every single day, I just read and stay on the baseball forums and just read most of the time. Once every week or so, I'll respond or post something and go on with my day.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
No one lists who I collect, and its a bear to search just to find a lone straggler card that I already own. For a Player Collector, ebay is the way to go.

Members online

Latest posts