Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew Xmas Eve- HO HO HO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I got two random follows from Steiner sports on Twitter today.

cab8e5493ad7e95a326cccbdcbb9474a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I wonder how long until [MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION] starts getting dic pics from the whole Steiner family. . .:|

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Usually on Christmas I either watch Bad Santa (1) or some of the Star Wars Xmas special. If you haven't heard of the second one it was a hilarious disaster where Chewbacca's grandpa watches VR **** :benson:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Well it looks like the future of cardboard collecting is bright. . . and [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] is lucky there are no collectors in his house because they would be asking for NYY cards right about now! :lol: zing!

s-l1600.jpg

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Merry Christmas night owls. I hope you guys are doing well. I must say, I hate working on Christmas Eve. People with the shiittiest attitudes really show their true colors. My dad is sick too and he didn't come down tonight. I hope he makes it tomorrow.....errr.....today. But at any rate. What are some of your traditions you have at Christmas?

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Merry Christmas everyone! Yep, I hate working on Xmas eve too. Traditions--Always have Santa's milk and cookies with my daughter after the grand kids go to bed.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Merry Christmas day...how did your kids like their gifts??

I received some nice chess books that I wanted, today probably is a read-n-rest day as I keep falling on my bad hip. One more semi injury and I shall change my name to Franklin Gutierrez. :rolleyes:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Hey fellas! Hope your Christmas day was great and you guys got some nice stuff. Most importantly, I hope you had quality time with friends and family. Anyone get any cards today?

Don't think I have ever received cards for Xmas, since I have an April birthday its usually a "Mariners aren't eliminated from the playoffs yet" gift :lol:

How were your sausage balls? As long as you didn't eat them in a nurses outfit all if forgiven. ;)

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
LOL. Sausage balls were good today. I think I've got about 4 pounds in the fridge. Just sitting here watching some movies on TV with my dad. He made it down this morning. Its been a fun day.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
LOL. Sausage balls were good today. I think I've got about 4 pounds in the fridge. Just sitting here watching some movies on TV with my dad. He made it down this morning. Its been a fun day.

Do you guys watch Christmas themed movies like Bad Santa (has anyone not seen this yet by now?) or just "standard cool sht" such as action movies?

The best thing that happened to me today was probably sitting outside and a hummingbird coming about 1ft away from me, just stopping right in the air and looking at me. These guys are so fast its almost impossible to get a good look at one unless they are willing.

One of the chess books that I asked for has an incorrect cover which is always a fascination of mine. The GM who writes the book probably took 3+ years to complete it yet the graphic designer doesn't even know how to set up a fcking board. :lol:

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I always watch several showings of A Christmas Story on either TNT or TBS. I'll watch Scrooged and then catch stuff like Die Hard or Elf. Tonight, I watched Christmas Story, then Remember the Titans, Forrest Gump, and now The Shawshank Redemption. As for me, I have three stories to share about this Christmas. First of all, I have a friend on Facebook that I went to school with. She shared a post a while back about her son getting some NC State baseball team cards and how he loved his baseball cards. I contacted her and asked who was his favorite team/player. She told me he loved the Red Sox and David Ortiz. I had a Prizm Ortiz mojo auto and a few Allen and Ginter jersey cards of Pedroia/Sale/Hanley Ramirez. I saw that they were in town yesterday and asked her if I could meet her and her son to give him a surprise. Well, she came to see me at work and I hooked him up with those cards as well as a Judge Gallery RC, a Kris Bryant card, and a Jeter Bowman Chrome Draft History insert. He was absolutely floored with his gifts and it really pumped me up. She posted it to Facebook and tagged me in the post showing his sheer excitement.

Today, I gave my dad arguably one of the best gifts I've ever given to him. I came across a great deal on a signed/framed 8x10 auto of Mickey Mantle. The Mick was my dads favorite player of all time but he's never had the opportunity to own an autograph of him. That all changed today. My dad was speechless when he opened the wrapping paper and saw it. Win number 2 for me!

And then to top it all off, he actually bought me a box of cards to open....something he hasn't done since probably the mid 90's when he got me a box of 94 or 95 Stadium Club. He went to the local LCS in his town and picked up a box of 2017 Bowman's Best. I had asked for that or Draft but the shop was out of Draft. He gave it to me and was telling me all the standard info about the product and how the guy at the shop said that it should have 4 autographs in it. I played along as he was feeling the excitement for what he got me. So I opened the packs as we shared our Christmas morning and ended up doing pretty damn well with it. I hit a base atomic refractor of Kris Bryant(hell yess!!). My first auto was DL Hall. My second auto was a Roniel Raudes base auto. My third auto was a refractor of Brendan McKay and at this point I was totally happy with the results. I saw that I had one more auto left and I pulled a redemption. I feared that it was going to be a Henry Owens or something like that but I ended up hitting a Best Cuts Atomic Auto of Cody Bellinger! It was a case hit and will be numbered to 25. I'd say that was one hell of a way to end the box even if it was a redemption! Super stoked about it!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Very sweet pulls, it seems like when someone else buys a product for you its better pulls than if you'd of bought it. Maybe some good mojo for giving that kid some nice cards. Needless to say those pulls are better than anything you could have got in Stadium Club!! :cool:

Its strange that you are watching the same movies as [MENTION=1763]moxacaine[/MENTION], but good ones.

Members online