Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

-__- 4/27 MONDAY MORNING THREAD -__-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Dustin @Hawk8 how do you see yourself changing your collecting?

Morning All!
@Hawk8 ,would also like to hear your thoughts about why you're re-thinking the way you collect. With what we've all seen you post just in the morning threads, I think you're in too deep to slow down or stop now!

Fordman

I don't exactly know yet, I have never felt like this after not winning a card before. I worked overnight last night and the end of that auction was all I could think about last night and not getting that card just bummed me out. Other than the 1991 Donruss Elite when it came out the 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold, I have never wanted a card as much as I wanted that one. I don't have the funds to throw around at the Dawson bat barrels and other high end cards like this, although I have been dappling a little lately in that direction. I already bid $170 more on that card than I initially had planned to and I got to thinking that I am bidding more on this card than my truck payment is and it made me think I was going crazy. It's the second largest amount I had ever bid on a card before. I once bid $2,000 on a PSA 10 Dawson rookie, but I got outbid. Then I started thinking why is it okay to spend that much money on a bunch of smaller Dawson items and not one big one? Wouldn't I rather have that tag than whatever pile of the last $400 worth of Dawson cards I bought was? I don't know the answer to that question and I don't know what I am going to do, I am just dumbfounded right now. The disappointment will probably pass and things will probably go back to normal and the MT will have to continue to deal with looking at all my Dawson pick ups lol.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Good morning all. I know its early but weren't the nationals going to make baseball boring this year? Like they were so good there was no reason to watch?

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Good morning all, my first day watching the kid alone, Mommas first day back to work, needless to say, she's not very happy about it

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Hoopster has a love/hate relationship with FCB. I like Ralph, a lot, but I know he has valid reasons to be a little skittish.

I know all about that, just surprised he hasnt replied to me at all, was just checking to see if he was ok

He is my handicapper for the Derby and Preakness!!

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
Afternoon everyone!

My latest addition to the Sportkings set.
WaltonBSK.jpg

Also a neat TTM return, signed by one of two people still alive that flew aboard the Hindenburg. The other person still living was actually on the flight when it exploded.
SchirmerH12PGA.jpg

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Hopefully Ralph is doing well. I haven't seen a post from him in some time.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I don't exactly know yet, I have never felt like this after not winning a card before. I worked overnight last night and the end of that auction was all I could think about last night and not getting that card just bummed me out. Other than the 1991 Donruss Elite when it came out the 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold, I have never wanted a card as much as I wanted that one. I don't have the funds to throw around at the Dawson bat barrels and other high end cards like this, although I have been dappling a little lately in that direction. I already bid $170 more on that card than I initially had planned to and I got to thinking that I am bidding more on this card than my truck payment is and it made me think I was going crazy. It's the second largest amount I had ever bid on a card before. I once bid $2,000 on a PSA 10 Dawson rookie, but I got outbid. Then I started thinking why is it okay to spend that much money on a bunch of smaller Dawson items and not one big one? Wouldn't I rather have that tag than whatever pile of the last $400 worth of Dawson cards I bought was? I don't know the answer to that question and I don't know what I am going to do, I am just dumbfounded right now. The disappointment will probably pass and things will probably go back to normal and the MT will have to continue to deal with looking at all my Dawson pick ups lol.

I think you hit the nail on the head with what you said on at the end. Some people will not agree with me but You will be much happier with your collecting if you focused on the Bigger, tougher, rarer items than picking up dupes or items you know you can pick up anytime down the road. The Tag for example was probably one of Dawson best Memorbilia cards and sold for less than I thought it would go. In the future to justify your spending try and do research of what other similar items have sold for that way you don't look at it over spending or feel so bad spending those amount, you got a second job just for Dawsons for crying out load :lol: so you should never have to justify your spending as you work hard for your money and deserve the better cards of your Player. For example Shin-Sho-cho0 tag from same set sold for 500, Jose Altuve sold or 500, Jim Rice sold for 305 (Much smaller tag and not as nice, Dawson tag blows it away), Madison Bumgarner sold for 456, Boggs Waist band tag (From pants not Jersey like dawson) sold for 362 and many more I can post. My point is you could have spent 400 on that Dawson and it would not only have blown away all the other Tags I posted about above but 400 would have still been a good deal for the price considering what others have sold for. I say focus on bigger stuff even if you have to let smaller stuff pass for a bit, and you will be happier collector. You will always be able to find the smaller stuff you collect. Good luck moving forward.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
How to scare the crap out of your wife on her first day back to work?

Text her: "if the baby is sleeping he can stay in the car while I go in the dentist right?"

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
How to scare the crap out of your wife on her first day back to work?

Text her: "if the baby is sleeping he can stay in the car while I go in the dentist right?"

hah hahaha holy shat man......you better have flowers and chocolate waiting for her when she gets home

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
hah hahaha holy shat man......you better have flowers and chocolate waiting for her when she gets home

Haha, no! Shortly after, and before she responded, I sent a picture and said "Daddys just kidding momma, I'm in here with him". She has a good sense of humor, and since she was upset about going back to work I kinda hope it broke the tension a little

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I know a guy from safeway. He has roughly 3500 cards or more in the nice storage boxes, he wants $50 for everything. Not exactly someone I'd hang out with so I've refrained from going through them. He showed me a few mid 90's stadium club and said they're all in good shape from early 90's- 00's blah blah blah.
Offered him $20 but he's convinced They're worth more. Didn't take to kindly to my Firestarter comment either.

Members online

No members online now.