Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Apparently, I am not the only one....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdowg84

Oct 13, 2012
I didn't just pull a number out of my ass. i am also not expecting 8k for the card, but there is the possibility of stumbling across someone with enough money that they would give me 8k. I keep a very close watch on baseball prospects and know that this kid has the makings to be the next big thing. He was the centerpiece of the Vetoed Justin Upton trade this summer, he's also putting up pretty good numbers to start this season out as well.

Just to clarify, this thread was never meant to attack you or anything of that sort. If you get 8K, then kudos. Your card just happened to be the first one that I noticed on ebay where I was like WHAT?!?!? I could probably go on ebay and find hundreds more that confuse the heck out of me. I've always valued a player's real life performance over the rarity of his cards, so it confuses me when I see an unproven prospect posted at a higher price than a somewhat proven phenom rookie. I think 8K is way too high, but then again, I also have never bought a superfractor. I mostly wanted people's opinion on what defines the value of a superfractor.

MichaelAaron559

May 17, 2013
Just to clarify, this thread was never meant to attack you or anything of that sort. If you get 8K, then kudos. Your card just happened to be the first one that I noticed on ebay where I was like WHAT?!?!? I could probably go on ebay and find hundreds more that confuse the heck out of me. I've always valued a player's real life performance over the rarity of his cards, so it confuses me when I see an unproven prospect posted at a higher price than a somewhat proven phenom rookie. I think 8K is way too high, but then again, I also have never bought a superfractor. I mostly wanted people's opinion on what defines the value of a superfractor.

oh i didnt take it as an attack. i asked around (local dealers, card sellers i know,etc) about what i should ask for the card before i set the price.

jdowg84

Oct 13, 2012
oh i didnt take it as an attack. i asked around (local dealers, card sellers i know,etc) about what i should ask for the card before i set the price.

I am curious to know the factors that you considered when deciding your listing price. The price seems ridiculous to me, but I also have little to no interest in Taijuan Walker or high end prospecting. There is no doubt that it was a fantastic pull. I would've never thought to list it at 8K, so if you could give me some of the relevant factors that you considered before listing it, I would appreciate it. That way, I'll know how to decide to list my future superfractors (should I ever pull one).

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'd rather put a high number on something and get what I want instead of getting something very low, due to the starting price and then regret it later on.

MichaelAaron559

May 17, 2013
I am curious to know the factors that you considered when deciding your listing price. The price seems ridiculous to me, but I also have little to no interest in Taijuan Walker or high end prospecting. There is no doubt that it was a fantastic pull. I would've never thought to list it at 8K, so if you could give me some of the relevant factors that you considered before listing it, I would appreciate it. That way, I'll know how to decide to list my future superfractors (should I ever pull one).

The price reflected on the fact that Taijuan Walker is considered one of the best prospects in the league, so i listed it that high because its not out of the question that some people could be willing to pay that. after seeing what matt harvey has done and the possibility of walker being a potential ace and superstar, i want to price high and get what i want instead of selling low and regretting it later.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
Only difference is that isn't Kershaw's first autographed Super. $8k might be a bit steep but it's on the high level of the range that it should sell for.

So what do you think the 06 Superfractor Auto would/should go for?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I think the auto on this one is fake. It doesn't say "Vaj Wall." In fact, looking at the cards available on ebay, it looks like the sig gets more complete and legible the better the cards are. 1/1s and #/5s are reasonable complete and legible. #/10 is a little less. Oranges and golds a little less. And the base cards are just scribbles.

MichaelAaron559

May 17, 2013
Pretty sure it's not fake, i pulled it from a jumbo hobby box the day after the cards came out, putting a fake card on here would be a complete waste of my time. Thanks for the laugh though.

Members online

Latest posts