Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

papelbon traded to the brewers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Ha ha ha ha ha Hey are not going to even be in the top 3. I truly hope they do pull this off. They are only trying to stop the Cubs from getting him

There is no sign the Cubs are going to get better (just baseless speculation) and the Reds are clearly on the downside of their core players getting them somewhere. Yes, Milwaukee collapsed last year, but much of that was because of injury and the bullpen blowing up.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
There is no sign the Cubs are going to get better (just baseless speculation) and the Reds are clearly on the downside of their core players getting them somewhere. Yes, Milwaukee collapsed last year, but much of that was because of injury and the bullpen blowing up.
Lol :p
Let me look at my original post. Yep no where did I say the Cubs where going to be better or did I say they would top the Brewers this season. So I'm not sure where I made a base less speculation.

I said the Brewers where going after him so the Cubs couldn't get him. There has been talk here that the Cubs want Cole Hammel and maybe Pap would like to come here because Cole may come here as well. Not a baseless speculation just broadcasting what has been said here for sometime now and seemed to pick up more speed as of late. :thumbup:

Last edited:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Lol :p
Let me look at my original post. Yep no where did I say the Cubs where going to be better or did I say they would top the Brewers this season. So I'm not sure where I made a base less speculation.

I said the Brewers where going after him so the Cubs couldn't get him. There has been talk here that the Cubs want Cole Hammel and maybe Pap would like to come here because Cole may come here as well. Not a baseless speculation just broadcasting what has been said here for sometime now and seemed to pick up more speed as of late. :thumbup:

I wasn't saying you made any prediction outside of the Top-3 thing. I was simply pointing out that I see 2 other teams that aren't as likely to be better than Milwaukee, thus putting them in the top 3.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I wasn't saying you made any prediction outside of the Top-3 thing. I was simply pointing out that I see 2 other teams that aren't as likely to be better than Milwaukee, thus putting them in the top 3.

:lol: I seemed to have figured that out after I re-read your post........

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I think there is an excellent chance the Cubs finish higher than Milwaukee this year. They've added an ace pitcher, a good lead off hitter, an all star catcher, and will add Kris Bryant before long.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I think there is an excellent chance the Cubs finish higher than Milwaukee this year. They've added an ace pitcher, a good lead off hitter, an all star catcher, and will add Kris Bryant before long.

Agree. Whoever said that the cubs haven't improved and it's just "baseless speculation" is living under a rock. The cubs added some very good pieces, added a great manager, their young players have gotten a year older/better. Its almost a guarantee they finish better than last year. I would expect that the only real non threat in the Central is the Reds as they are rapidly ddclinding.

Members online

Latest posts