Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

May Pickup Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Didn't see a thread, so here goes:

Back in 2001, when Donruss started making sets again (after a few year hiatus) they included some buybacks from earlier Donruss cards, some of which were signed. For Randy Johnson they made 25 copies of the card. This was one of the earliest buyback cards (I don't know of any earlier ones actually, but am not sure that there weren't any.)

For arguably a top 5 pitcher of all-time, Randy's cards do not get much attention.

$_57.JPG

And I still feel like Ruth and Gehrig GU items are a bargain when you consider the replacement costs:

$_57.JPG

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Didn't see a thread, so here goes:

Back in 2001, when Donruss started making sets again (after a few year hiatus) they included some buybacks from earlier Donruss cards, some of which were signed. For Randy Johnson they made 25 copies of the card. This was one of the earliest buyback cards (I don't know of any earlier ones actually, but am not sure that there weren't any.)

For arguably a top 5 pitcher of all-time, Randy's cards do not get much attention.

$_57.JPG

And I still feel like Ruth and Gehrig GU items are a bargain when you consider the replacement costs:

$_57.JPG

the randy Johnson is awesome!

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I was so close to that auto set but ended up parting with the majority. Who else do u need? I'll take a look and see if I have any

The final autographs I need are Liriano, Kindler, Botts, Olson, and Marcum.

Thanks for checking, let me know if we can work something out.

Just picked this up for $700, which I feel was a good deal.

View attachment 49967View attachment 49968

Nice Card! Looking forward to him warming up with the weather, he looks completely miserable covered head to toe when others are in short sleeves.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Got these Jim Thome cards in for a little under $7 shipped:

2003 DR Studio Leather and Lumber GU LL-21 373/400
2003 Fleer Hot Materials GU HM-JT 230/490
2003 Topps Traded Gold T107 1419/2003
2004 Fleer Platinum Portraits GU Jersey PP/JT
2004 Leaf Players Collection GU Jersey PC-41

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Finally got this back, the slab is enormous, but glad it graded well and is well protected

This was a gift from a friend and fellow Hank Greenberg collector, Michael aka [MENTION=7024]holybull[/MENTION]. Thanks again!

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Finally got this back, the slab is enormous, but glad it graded well and is well protected

This was a gift from a friend and fellow Hank Greenberg collector, Michael aka @holybull. Thanks again!

LOL, this pictures made me laugh. and spit up my food. Some of Beckett's slabs make me wonder if they ever think about how collectors might store the items.

regardless, sweet item!

Members online

Latest posts