Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Now ebay wants to make it harder to see completed listings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I do all my ebay searching on my iPhone app and nothing's changed. Everything's always been quicker and less confusing with the app, so I recommend people use it if they have a smartphone.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I do all my ebay searching on my iPhone app and nothing's changed. Everything's always been quicker and less confusing with the app, so I recommend people use it if they have a smartphone.
The (*) wildcard searching worked until the most recent update. Now the app is just like the site.

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
It's pretty interesting though, I've noticed that saved searches using the wildcard * still get emailed to me with results but when I go to eBay it doesn't work for me. Might still be a loophole to using the *.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
It's pretty interesting though, I've noticed that saved searches using the wildcard * still get emailed to me with results but when I go to eBay it doesn't work for me. Might still be a loophole to using the *.

eBay can't update the version of app you have on your phone like they can the version you use when you access from the Internet. Don't update your app and you should be ok

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
eBay can't update the version of app you have on your phone like they can the version you use when you access from the Internet. Don't update your app and you should be ok

That's not what I'm saying, if you receive daily emails for your saved searches those emails still take into account the wildcard and display within the email results that you would not see if you looked at the site. I have a few searches when I check my email I see results and when I look at the site I don't see anything.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The (*) wildcard searching worked until the most recent update. Now the app is just like the site.
I'm just not updating the app. There's a version 2.6.3 from Nov. 12th that's waiting for me to update, but I ignore it. So my * searches work fine on my iPhone.

Last edited:

Members online