Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett Grading Ordeal continues, what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
He's been dead for five years. You don't have to kiss his ass any longer.

"Nice and generous once you got to know him" is code for "Nice and generous when it bought him favor and built his little legion of ass-kissers." Like I said, the revisionist history that has been written about his guy is unreal. The message board "persona" was hardly an act. He was a hatemonger. It really is a shame that the old BMB isn't archived and we could kill this little charade about Rich being a cool dude.

And give it a rest with the whole "let the guy rest in peace" crap. He's dead. And when he was alive, he lived how he lived. Nothing that anybody says about him now is going to change any of that. Why is that nobody can be honest about a guy after he is gone.
Again, did you personally know Rich? Outside of what you read on the Beckett board?
Because I did know Rich, and he even told me that much of what he wrote was an act.
Rich could indeed be a royal dick to some people and was extremely stubborn. But the tough guy "my way or the highway" ranting was often just a way for him to amuse himself.
I understand why you call him a hatemonger (in many ways he was and I don't respect that part of him), but it's also ironic that you hardly ever post on here anymore, yet you re-immerge to go on a hate-filled rant about the very person you say was so hateful.

Last edited:

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
Again, did you personally know Rich? Outside of what you read on the Beckett board?
Because I did know Rich, and he even told me that much of what he wrote was an act.
Rich could indeed be a royal dick to some people and was extremely stubborn. But the tough guy "my way or the highway" ranting was often just a way for him to amuse himself.
I understand why you call him a hatemonger (in many ways he was and I don't respect that part of him), but it's also ironic that you hardly ever post on here anymore, yet you re-immerge to go on a hate-filled rant about the very person you say was so hateful.

Not sure what my not posting very often has to do with anything. You should re-acquaint yourself with the meaning of the word "hate." All I have posted are my own views about behavior that I saw for several years. Nothing untruthful. And not an ounce of hate in anything I wrote. I didn't like the way the guy behaved and treated other people with total disdain. Stating that is not even close to hate.

Like I said earlier, it is always convenient to rely on the excuse of "this is my internet persona" as an excuse for abhorrent behavior. Funny how the truly nice guys don't have to rely on that excuse.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I don't know the guy & I don't really know any of you on here, but I think its totally disrespectful and a chicken XXXX move to talk about someone who is no longer here to defend themselves regardless of how they were. Have a little class & show some respect even if its respecting yourself.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
I don't know the guy & I don't really know any of you on here, but I think its totally disrespectful and a chicken XXXX move to talk about someone who is no longer here to defend themselves regardless of how they were. Have a little class & show some respect even if its respecting yourself.

Meh. Under that logic, one can't speak poorly of dead genocidal despots. Rich G. himself would call you an idiot for that.

All I did was respond to the platitudes that get thrown around by the same 4-5 people every time Rich's name comes up. If you think that's classless, fine. I couldn't care less. I'll rest easily knowing that a ton of people that I respect a lot more than you agree 100% with what I say.

And that will be it for me in this abortion of a thread.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Meh. Under that logic, one can't speak poorly of dead genocidal despots. Rich G. himself would call you an idiot for that.

All I did was respond to the platitudes that get thrown around by the same 4-5 people every time Rich's name comes up. If you think that's classless, fine. I couldn't care less. I'll rest easily knowing that a ton of people that I respect a lot more than you agree 100% with what I say.

And that will be it for me in this abortion of a thread.

you probably pick on little kids too.............

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
so when someone passes away, it's all cotton candy and unicorns?

Some people are not good people. ******** that die should never be called an ******* again?

edit to add I have no idea who this person is

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Not on a public forum when they are unable to defend themselves. If someone dies and they were not a good person then that should be the end of it. Why continue to bash someone when they are no longer around? Like I said I didn't know this person either and I think it's disrespectful.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Not on a public forum when they are unable to defend themselves. If someone dies and they were not a good person then that should be the end of it. Why continue to bash someone when they are no longer around? Like I said I didn't know this person either and I think it's disrespectful.

i hear you, but where do we "draw the line"? What about ******? he's dead, can't defend himself

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I may be more sensitive to this type of thing because I just went to a friends funeral who passed at 29 of a heart attack yesterday, and lost one of my best friends at 29 last year of cancer. I just think you should show more respect wether a person was supposedly a good or bad person, they are dead....... If I ever heard anyone talking bad about either one of my friends they would be in for a good fight I'll tell you that much right now.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I may be more sensitive to this type of thing because I just went to a friends funeral who passed at 29 of a heart attack yesterday, and lost one of my best friends at 29 last year of cancer. I just think you should show more respect wether a person was supposedly a good or bad person, they are dead....... If I ever heard anyone talking bad about either one of my friends they would be in for a good fight I'll tell you that much right now.

Sorry for your losses, they are never easy, no matter the person(s) age.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
i hear you, but where do we "draw the line"? What about ******? he's dead, can't defend himself

****** are you serious? A mass murderer and historical figure give me a break. Everyone can draw there own line I know where mine is and that's all I really care about. I just thought it was pretty bad, an honestly made me think for a minute why am I even on these boards if this is how people are gunna act.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
run151 sorry for your losses. No one here would offer anything bad about your friends because no one knows them. You are a nice guy so there is nothing to assume your friends were anything but the same....

What a person says and what a person does are their legacy's. Good or bad, that's what they left and if a person is an ******* than there's nothing wrong with saying it. ****** is an extreme example but it is what it is. Just because an ******* dies, does not release that person from being as *******. <shrugs>

Latest posts