Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Troy Tulowitzki ever put it together for a full season?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I had to add this after reading it on cnnsi.com (rightfully putting Tulo as the early frontrunner for NL MVP). I added the bold to the relevant text.

Tulowitzki was off to an excellent start of human proportions before he hit his second home run of the season on April 18. In his last dozen games dating back to that one, he has hit .415/.538/.976 with six home runs, which is just silly. Given his otherworldly performance at the plate, Tulowitzki would be leading this race even if he wasn't a shortstop who plays his position extremely well, but he is, which means he's lapping the field. Did I mention he has 20 walks against just 13 strikeouts? Ridiculous. It is going to be even more disappointing than usual when he gets hurt this year.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I had to add this after reading it on cnnsi.com (rightfully putting Tulo as the early frontrunner for NL MVP). I added the bold to the relevant text.

Tulowitzki was off to an excellent start of human proportions before he hit his second home run of the season on April 18. In his last dozen games dating back to that one, he has hit .415/.538/.976 with six home runs, which is just silly. Given his otherworldly performance at the plate, Tulowitzki would be leading this race even if he wasn't a shortstop who plays his position extremely well, but he is, which means he's lapping the field. Did I mention he has 20 walks against just 13 strikeouts? Ridiculous. It is going to be even more disappointing than usual when he gets hurt this year.

Groan... but so true unfortunately

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Oh Troy, why has your 2005 Topps Rookie Cup Gold autograph 1/1 never surfaced? Maybe it's time to start busting this product again.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I know this sounds nuts, but IF he has another month as good as his April (.350/7/25), he'd already have the numbers that ALOT of shortstops would take for their Season totals!

But like most Rockies, the road BA disparity will hurt his stature in some folks eyes...

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
But like most Rockies, the road BA disparity will hurt his stature in some folks eyes...
This year, it's been crazy lopsided. He's superhuman at home, crummy on the road.
After today's game:

Home 47 at bats: .596 avg., 6 hr, 21 rbi
Away 56 at bats: .250 avg., 3 hr, 8 rbi

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
This year, it's been crazy lopsided. He's superhuman at home, crummy on the road.
After today's game:

Home 47 at bats: .596 avg., 6 hr, 21 rbi
Away 56 at bats: .250 avg., 3 hr, 8 rbi

Sad thing is his away stats are still the best for all shortstops. He's far and away the best shortstop in the game currently.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Looks like he's only good for about 50G at a stretch - left today's game and injury status TBD.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
How much would that go for today?Who still has boxes?

No clue - haven't looked for this product in years. As far as I know only one autographed printing plate has surfaced (cyan - I own it) and the gold autograph 1/1 are all still in packs somewhere. Makes a break on this product enticing if any can be found.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
No clue - haven't looked for this product in years. As far as I know only one autographed printing plate has surfaced (cyan - I own it) and the gold autograph 1/1 are all still in packs somewhere. Makes a break on this product enticing if any can be found.

I only saw a few boxes listed yesterday, around $100 a box.How much was your plate?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
To answer the thread title's question: Nope, not this year.

The Rockies just put Tulo on the DL with a hip strain.

It's a shame this guy won't have the big career stats because he gets hurt so much.

He turns 30 in a couple of months and only has 1,000 hits and 173 home runs.
He'll be lucky to double that, and with the Coors Field stigma, he has no shot at the Hall of Fame.

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
To answer the thread title's question: Nope, not this year.

The Rockies just put Tulo on the DL with a hip strain.

It's a shame this guy won't have the big career stats because he gets hurt so much.

He turns 30 in a couple of months and only has 1,000 hits and 173 home runs.
He'll be lucky to double that, and with the Coors Field stigma, he has no shot at the Hall of Fame.

And to think some people had him traded away from Colorado by the weekend. But not now

Members online