Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Panini National Treasures Baseball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gchen

Aug 30, 2014
Does anyone know if Panini stopped the National Treasures Baseball set after 2012? l liked the 2012 set, and was waiting for 2013, but it looks like it never came out. Did Panini make an official announcement on this? Thanks!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
From Panini America, Inc. press release dated 4/1/13:

"Like Patrick Swayze's 'She's Like the Wind,' NT was a one-hit wonder too glorious for mere humans to be exposed to more than once."

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
More from press release...

"We thought long and hard about bringing back NT for a sophmore season," said Panini America CEO Mark Warsop. "Oh, who am I kiddding," he quickly added. "We don't think long and hard about anything around here. How else can you explain us abandoning the most loved hobby product in a decade after one year, while continuing to churn out crappily blinged-out Prizm cards of guys with the tops of their heads cut off. You just can't. Here... have another beer with me as I belt out 'She's Like the Wind' on our office karaokee machine. God I love that man. Hey, Product Development Guy, make a note that we're gonna do a 2013 Panini Golden Age of Swayze set!"

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
I'd like to see more from National Treasures for sure. I'm a gullible guy, so I believed [MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION]'s press release :lol:

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
They said earlier in the year that 2014 NT would release in December. If it does come out I would assume it will be pushed to February 2015.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
If Panini was smart, they'd only release NT for Baseball once every couple years. This keeps the buzz going about the product, as we're still chatting about the 2012 release. It gives vintage collectors something to look forward to plus it mixes in modern players well. If the market is diluted with NT for Baseball year after year, then there would be less interest and value would plummet.

Plus if they keep releasing NT for Baseball, sooner or later, they're going to run out of stuff to put into them like cut signatures and the likes. There is only so much of that stuff left and those who still have it are going to price it so high that card companies cant afford to put them into products anymore.

But, I could be wrong!

Fordman

Members online