Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have you ever looked up a potential scammers fb and could tell he was a scammer by his face?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually I remember accidentally creating this account when I was logged into my other facebook. It had been well over a year since I had been active on here. I didnt remember which of my two main facebook accounts that I used to register here.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
from the TOS.....rule number 10 :

10. One account per person. Anyone caught with two accounts for any reason shall receive a seven day suspension.

The TOS on this site don't mean **** and they aren't enforced; at least not consistently.

#1 on the TOS is "Don't be a dick" from the mods via PM but when questioned about it they refuse to update the TOS. I don't get it.

I don't even think this should be that big of an issue. It is way too easy to "create a new account" when you always use the facebook login. Especially when you have multiple Facebook accounts that you use. Anyone here can look up both of the facebook profiles and see that I am the same damn person.

easy answer.....ANYBODY who is a potential party in a sale or trade with said member should care if he/she owns/uses multiple ID's (especially with vastly different locations)....

That would be true if I intentionally created the second account. It isnt like I continuously used that account to make an alter ego. The pictures that are all over the facebook used for the accident account are the same pictures I use on here. That would make zero sense for me if I were setting up a scam.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
That would be true if I intentionally created the second account. It isnt like I continuously used that account to make an alter ego. The pictures that are all over the facebook used for the accident account are the same pictures I use on here. That would make zero sense for me if I were setting up a scam.

potential buyers or trading partners should not be forced to look up multiple accounts id's or multiple facebook profiles to see if the person they are dealing with has more than one account....in fact , because the TOS very clearly states only one per person , they should not ever have to do that.....furthermore , unless the extra account is already known to EVERYONE , then how would any potential buyer/trader even know how to go about finding the second facebook account just to see if the pictures matched ??

wow...i really think you've outdone yourself in this thread (and that's saying something)....

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
potential buyers or trading partners should not be forced to look up multiple accounts id's or multiple facebook profiles to see if the person they are dealing with has more than one account....in fact , because the TOS very clearly states only one per person , they should not ever have to do that.....furthermore , unless the extra account is already known to EVERYONE , then how would any potential buyer/trader even know how to go about finding the second facebook account just to see if the pictures matched ??

wow...i really think you've outdone yourself in this thread (and that's saying something)....

Agreed. Request that one of your accounts be deleted OP.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Who cares about this shady multiple account stuff, the main issue is that the Davey sent a thick card PWE. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER do that, no matter how cheap the card is. It doesn't matter if it's sent non-machineable, how well you pack it, whatever, a thick card will get creased if it's sent PWE MOST of the time. This is from my experience of 15+ years receiving dozens of thick cards in PWEs, living in 3 different states.

When you log on here through facebook it automatically uses your facebook name and other info. The names are the same on here as facebook.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
When you log on here through facebook it automatically uses your facebook name and other info. The names are the same on here as facebook.

sorry , but you really just don't get it.....

even if you CLAIM you set up the second account unintentionally , how could anyone else KNOW that ? and why does it still exist ? and just because you SAY that you have no intention to cheat anyone , how can we KNOW that ? i highly doubt any scammer ever introduced himself as such and i'm fairly certain most scammers deny it to the bitter end....the simple existence of that second (or more) account present the opportunity to cheat someone....temptation has smacked quite a few good men over the years....and once again , we have a few hypothetical situations....you enter negotiations with someone using your main id....if he is not aware of your alternate id , what's to stop you from using it to try to gain leverage in the deal ? (essentially shilling your items).....next , let's say you have a deal (or multiple deals) go wrong....could be you sold/traded damaged items , got their cards/money and never sent your end , etc....you hem and haw and try your best to get by but find you can't...now that second account comes in handy when you start looking for newbies to rip off...they have no idea of your old id and since the new id looks completely different (avatar , sig , location , etc) they don't associate the new one with the tainted one....also , since they assume people are abiding by the TOS , they have no reason to go searching facebook for matching profiles...really - tell me how in the hell someone who hasn't read this thread going to know that david anthony from charleston sc is the same as tino grady from miami ??

really ....for one so quick to call out others with absolutely no actual evidence/proof , especially under the circumstances in this thread.........

whew...i can't even find the words express how utterly ridiculous that is....oh , by the way - did you get permission from the winner of your item to post his picture here ? i'm just sayin'.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online