Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 Pinnacle Aficionado First Pitch Preview - Have your guy or any player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Still need the Belle... do you all know if he is on this so called list of players who do not exist?

I can tell you, I don't have one and have never seen one for sale, but like I said earlier, if George is accurate on his haves, then it exists. Cards 1 through 100 "should" exist and I lean towards, yes it exists. Maybe George can put a few of these guesses to rest and post pics of the ones in question?????

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I really am not trying to read through all the post but from what I know this was a item you could win on the internet. You answered 3 questions and they sent you a card. I owned 3 at one point in time Ryne Sandberg (Sold for $550.00), Roger Clemens (Sold for $50.00) and I believe I still have a Larry Walker I would trade or sell if someone needed it. All players had to be in the MLB for 5 years to be in the preview set. The stated print run was 56 if memory serves me right so they can be a hard card to track down. The Clemens seems to be hard to find I remember the guy saying when I sold it he has been looking for that card for 15 years. Any popular player will go for some value from what I have seen.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I'm cleaning house and have Larkin, Clemens, Galarraga, Tino, Sierra, Kenny Rogers and Pudge if anyone's looking.

1DogCollector

May 25, 2014
I'm cleaning house and have Larkin, Clemens, Galarraga, Tino, Sierra, Kenny Rogers and Pudge if anyone's looking.
Depending on price I may be a buyer for the lot. I would honestly rather trade if your open to that as I'm not exactly flush at the moment but never know depending on your price. I will always find the cash if you happen to have a Lance Johnson tho :) Thanks

1DogCollector

May 25, 2014
Well, you know I'm always looking for more FPP's. But now I need a LJ too lol. I want a Vizquel and Juan Gonzalez more than the Vizquel & Gonzo collectors do I think. I don't think I've added a single one I've needed in 3 or 4 years at least. I guess I'm down to the impossibles.
Man I can't thank you enough. It is one of my favorite cards in my collection.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Anyone know the rough guesstimate of print runs of players or just printed more of the bigger stars. I've seem to be able to get 5 of the Thomas which seems like a lot with all the Thomas PC guys out there and how hard other players are to find. Below I attached my photobucket with my FPP's I will trade anyone of them straight up for a Lance Johnson.

http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/1...6 Pinnacle First Pitch Previews?sort=4&page=1

Well, I have no true inside info on print runs but I can tell you from extensive research and documentation of virtually every one that has sold in the past few years, they aren't in the same quantity/mintage and star power meant nothing either. I've seen tons of Puckett, McGwire, Thomas, even Griffey, yet none of others on major stars like Bonds & Ripken. Yes, commons will be listed less than star players will be, but I see random "common" guys listed all the time too, so there doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme & reason. I think certain #'s were redeemed less making certain cards rarer than others. Now, there could easily be a hoard of ones that didn't get redeemed and remained in Pinnacle's vault until their bankruptcy, that would make sense to me. So, when a huge stash of the ones that are perceived to be rare now go to market, none of us should be shocked. George, did your set come from one of the bankruptcy sell offs?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Well, I have no true inside info on print runs but I can tell you from extensive research and documentation of virtually every one that has sold in the past few years, they aren't in the same quantity/mintage and star power meant nothing either. I've seen tons of Puckett, McGwire, Thomas, even Griffey, yet none of others on major stars like Bonds & Ripken. Yes, commons will be listed less than star players will be, but I see random "common" guys listed all the time too, so there doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme & reason. I think certain #'s were redeemed less making certain cards rarer than others. Now, there could easily be a hoard of ones that didn't get redeemed and remained in Pinnacle's vault until their bankruptcy, that would make sense to me. So, when a huge stash of the ones that are perceived to be rare now go to market, none of us should be shocked. George, did your set come from one of the bankruptcy sell offs?

Backdoor, A good friend of mine was a high-level Pinnacle employee.

Tfangman

Jun 4, 2015
Anyone know the rough guesstimate of print runs of players or just printed more of the bigger stars. I've seem to be able to get 5 of the Thomas which seems like a lot with all the Thomas PC guys out there and how hard other players are to find. Below I attached my photobucket with my FPP's I will trade anyone of them straight up for a Lance Johnson.

http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/1...6 Pinnacle First Pitch Previews?sort=4&page=1

I don't have any but would be very interested in buying a Thomas!

1DogCollector

May 25, 2014
So counting mine there are at least 8 sets.

I dont know a print run but I do know that all printed cards were "handed" out, that is how I ended up with a set.
Yeah I believe the tough part is if your guy wasn't a super star they are sitting in common boxes now or have been thrown out as peopl like to do that with base now.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota

Members online

Latest posts