Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Received package with no card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
Today I received a package from eBay wih no card in it. I had to sign for it and once I opened it, I was upset to find nothing in there.

I contacted the seller on eBay and he replied with the following message:

Okay someone must have stolen it out of the package. Was there anything wrong with the repackage when you got it? Can you send me a photo of the package please. Thanks

- chrismiller81
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

What should I make of this? I honestly don't believe him. Could I get my money back? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Today I received a package from eBay wih no card in it. I had to sign for it and once I opened it, I was upset to find nothing in there.

I contacted the seller on eBay and he replied with the following message:

Okay someone must have stolen it out of the package. Was there anything wrong with the repackage when you got it? Can you send me a photo of the package please. Thanks

- chrismiller81
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

What should I make of this? I honestly don't believe him. Could I get my money back? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

File item not as described with Paypal. If they require a tracking number to show that you returned it, then mail him back his empty package.
Was the package insured? He can file the claim if it was.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
There will be problems? Really? You don't want to see the card do you?

Even if the seller is a scammer, which I'm doubting, that's no way to support your claim with PayPal.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Doesn't it seem like Nick here saw the thread on Blowout, and then figured he'd better get a "counter-thread" up asap?

No DOUBT!!!

My question is how does Nick only have seven feedback? Sounds like he is trying to pull a fast one

Last edited:

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I've dealt with Nick online and in-person at WP shows a number of times and he's not a dishonest guy - unfortunately it sounds like the USPS messed this one up, or perhaps the seller did a bad job sealing the package.

Edit: Looks like he's had a couple issues given his feedback - I stand by what I've said about him given my experiences, hopefully I'm not being naive.

Last edited:

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
No DOUBT!!!

My question is how does Nick only have seven feedback? Sounds like he is trying to pull a fast one

Well, apparently that is a second account. Here's the thread in which he said he sold his Cabrera Logoman for $800+.
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/baseball/113759-sold-my-cabrera-logoman-1-1-a.html

Here's the ebay link to that auction with a seller ID of dnplayer03.
2012 Topps Museum Collection Miguel Cabrera 1 1 Logoman Patch Logo No Auto | eBay

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
yet buys with both accnts. Makes sense to me :/ ... sacrificial accnt?

Last edited:

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
What kind of problems will there be?

Is he going to upload a video of his fists of fury too?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I would say that PayPal will side with the seller since the package was signed for.

Not 100% sure on that because of their new buyer-friendly policies, but signing for a package used to be pretty absolute for them.

A_Pharis

The auction the matty_ice_2 account bid on (Cabrera logoman) is not Nick's auction. He sold it back in October via BIN. The auction from this month was from a different seller (that Nick did bid on). Now, he sold it for quite a bit more thna it reached at auction... so the only thing that would be shady is if the seller that sold it at auction can be tied to him.