Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arizona Diamondbacks Collector/Talk Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Think Braun or Lucroy will be traded before the deadline?

Lucroy 85% yes.

Braun 40% chance, maybe less

Jeffress 60%

Smith 70%

I also don't rule-out a package deal with any of those names above.

Chris Carter has a chance to be moved, as does Junior Guerrera (could his all-time stock be any higher?).

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Man, I only just realized how far removed I've been from this season. So hard to watch this team, I think besides Shipley's start I haven't watched a game in a month or so.

All the fun of last year has just been sucked out of the room.

I'm with you. I no longer watch every game of the season which is something I almost always usually do. The last game I actually watched was also the Shipley start...which was a disaster. Our pitching coach can ruin just about any pitcher we bring up.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Unfortunately Ray just isn't a good starting pitcher so he gives up the lead and once again, can't complete 6 or more IP.

With those high strikeout numbers I think he'd make a very good closer.

He reminds me of Mike Fiers: the K's come with an incredibly inefficient pitch-count. Took him 101 to get thru less than 6.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Lucroy 85% yes.

Braun 40% chance, maybe less

Jeffress 60%

Smith 70%

I also don't rule-out a package deal with any of those names above.

Chris Carter has a chance to be moved, as does Junior Guerrera (could his all-time stock be any higher?).

Junior has been great. I was so close to picking him up for my fantasy team after his first couple starts but of course someone else grabbed him just a couple hours earlier. I have Nelson on my fantasy team but I'll likely be dropping him this week as he's too inconsistent and I have too many starters at this point because we have a 13 starts per week limit. If it was at 15 like last year I'd keep him.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Wow, Bradley is pitching like hot garbage again. A low 90's fastball with no movement is not going to get the job done when you've got piss poor command & no secondary pitches working.

To be fair, even with perfect command a 91-92 MPH fastball with no movement is not going to win you any ball games anyway.

Bradley looks good when he's reaching back for 95 MPH with some spin.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Who would have thought back in January that by this time of the season Goldy would be 3rd among the team home runs?

1. Lamb 23 HR
2. Tomas 19 HR
3. Goldy 17 HR

Tomas has been bringing his power stroke lately. His .800+ OPS is a great improvement since last year. Still terrible plate discipline and unwilling to draw a walk but at least he's vastly improved his slg%.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I haven't visited the thread lately as well, the season is garbage. Where has Goldy's power gone?

If we have to go this type of season again next year, I'll be truly disappointed. I'll throw this one away as an extended pre season.

Moving on to go Cards! (FB not Stl)

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Yeah, all his other numbers are fine but it's odd to see the lack of power. Maybe he's just not feeling it like the rest of the team this year. Hard to motivate yourself when everyone else seems to not care.

Thanks for the tip [MENTION=6164]DeliciousBacon[/MENTION], couldn't not grab the Prado at that price.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I think your hate turning into the players performing well has worked for Tomas as well. It sure as he'll didn't work on Miller though, but over all for YT, Lamb and De la Rosa it's done fairly well :)

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
AJ ******* completed his first rehab game, going 1 for 4. Seems likely that he will be back in Arizona by the end of the month. Very good news, especially since I didn't think he'd be back at all this season.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
AJ ******* completed his first rehab game, going 1 for 4. Seems likely that he will be back in Arizona by the end of the month. Very good news, especially since I didn't think he'd be back at all this season.

Yeah, good news for sure. Obviously it's too late to help the team, but at least he can get some games under his belt before next season rather than just coming in having missed a full year of major league games.

Latest posts