Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Randy Johnson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
attachment.php

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Is there anything better than dual on-card autos? The Ryan isn't on card, maybe they'll release one some day... And a Schilling too.

20170414_145613.jpg

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Is there anything better than dual on-card autos? The Ryan isn't on card, maybe they'll release one some day... And a Schilling too.

View attachment 69264

I've never thought how odd it was, but do him and Schilling have any dual autos, on-card or otherwise? I can't think of one off of the top go my head. They are on the Incredible Ink Quad autograph from 2003 Donruss Signature, so I guess that kind of counts since they're on the same side.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I've never thought how odd it was, but do him and Schilling have any dual autos, on-card or otherwise? I can't think of one off of the top go my head. They are on the Incredible Ink Quad autograph from 2003 Donruss Signature, so I guess that kind of counts since they're on the same side.

There is an RJ/Schilling relic auto booklet in last year's Gypsy Queen, but they're stickers

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Snagged this beauty for $200 BIN. Felt like a steal after seeing the last one get pushed to $400-$500 last December by those crazy set collectors. I was concerned maybe the auto had been doctored since it was so sharp & dark compared to other UD cards from those subsets I've seen, but looking at it closely with a mag I don't see anything obvious.
dsafd.png

Fits in nicely with the rest of the "Big Unit" gang!
dasdfads.png

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Two modern 1/1s in a single mailday is a breath of fresh air after weeks & months of very few additions. The black refractor from the National is so nice, I've got the Red #/10 on the way to sit beside it.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randy-Johns...ack-AUTO-autograph-BGS-Rare-6-6-/272812920136

Does anyone understand this card? It's a 2001 Donruss Rookie Reprint, but it's been stamped as a Recollection Collection (a buyback) Autograph and numbered out of 6 on the back. The Rookie Reprints from this set were #/1989 and the autographed version (I have one) was #/89. But this is a reprint posing as a buyback, a Donruss mistake or what? I'm not interested in the card, it's just a curious thing.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randy-Johns...ack-AUTO-autograph-BGS-Rare-6-6-/272812920136

Does anyone understand this card? It's a 2001 Donruss Rookie Reprint, but it's been stamped as a Recollection Collection (a buyback) Autograph and numbered out of 6 on the back. The Rookie Reprints from this set were #/1989 and the autographed version (I have one) was #/89. But this is a reprint posing as a buyback, a Donruss mistake or what? I'm not interested in the card, it's just a curious thing.

Donruss had some cards that were marked "Recollection Collection" (buybacks)..

Here are some of my Edgar Martinez Recollections for you to see..

recoll-11.jpg

recoll-13a.jpg
recoll-13b.jpg

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
There is a Puckett on eBay also. Maybe they used their replacement stock as a 'buyback'. It looks like a 2005 Recollections stamp also.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Latest posts