Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

***************** Saturday morning thread *************************

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Yawn morning kiddies
Day 1 of the 4 day weekend for me.

Oh and I see my free contest for the NCAA is going well with the people signing up....last year I had to stop registeration it went over 68 poeple. Well riht now I have only maybe 24 after I up date the list :lol:

Sent from my Desire HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
So... I needs a bit of help.

I have to make a COMC order for some USA cards to get auto'd at a baseball game later this month. I don't have any paypal, but I have cash.

Could someone shoot me some paypal, and I can reimburse with case sent PWE? Shouldn't be more than $20. I'll have to total it up though.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Morning all,

Not much on tap today. Maybe work on a paper.

I got another addition to my Watergate collection in the other day. Jeb Magruder signed book. Not a full signature, but a nice inscription, nonetheless.

Magruder was one of the Dep. Directors of the Committee to Re-Elect the President (yes, CREEP). He served some federal time for his role in Watergate.

001-7.jpg

002-4.jpg

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I hear you, but the knob is normally the bottom of the bat right? And the barrel the upper portion.

I don't disagree. My point is that the companies have simplified the insert name by calling both ends knobs and dual purposing the bat.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Question--what is the price difference between a BC Super and Sterling Super? Are the values close or does BC hold a large price bump?

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
So... I needs a bit of help.

I have to make a COMC order for some USA cards to get auto'd at a baseball game later this month. I don't have any paypal, but I have cash.

Could someone shoot me some paypal, and I can reimburse with case sent PWE? Shouldn't be more than $20. I'll have to total it up though.

Taylor, pm me your Paypal, if someone else hasn't done so yet I can help ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
And good morning everyone! Alex's nice run up on the ethier! Wish the older ones sold that well. Have a Felix I can't sell
Not sure I'm liking waking up to 3-4 pages in the morning. Liked being there on the first page :)

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Bat Knob or Bat Barrel? Well According to NT it is a Bat Knob. According to PSA/DNA it is a bat barrel.

Bat Knob cards aren't actually bat knobs? - Blowout Cards Forums

There is no mistaken that this is a Bat Barrel and not knob.

From Dictionary.com:

[h=2]knob[/h] [nob] Show IPA noun, verb, knobbed, knob·bing.
noun1.a projecting part, usually rounded, forming the handle of a door, drawer, or the like.

2.a rounded lump or protuberance on the surface or at the end of something, as a knot on a tree trunk.

3.Architecture . an ornamental boss, as of carved work.

4.a rounded hill, mountain, or elevation on a ridge.

Question--what is the price difference between a BC Super and Sterling Super? Are the values close or does BC hold a large price bump?

I personally think BC is higher than all others. Sterling and Topps Chrome might be comparable together. It probably also depends if BC has the same player or not and if not then Sterling and/or Topps Chrome would be it's own value if that makes sense. As for the price difference that is tough to say but I think in a nutshell BC would have the premium if it is a 1st year card versus a RC card.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Good morning all. Bout to dive into the coffee.

All of us that have fallen ill this season make me wonder who all has gotten flu shots. I was never a fan, and never got one until this year (at my wife's persistent urging). I always have gotten sick for a few days every single time this season, until this year. I'm wondering if it's coincidence or I owe it all to the needle I've avoided the past several years.

I don't believe in the needle, and I have never had a flu shot. I haven't been sick all winter. I average one cold/flu (symptoms) per year.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I don't believe in the needle, and I have never had a flu shot. I haven't been sick all winter. I average one cold/flu (symptoms) per year.

No flu shots ever here. Myself or my kids. Parents and other friends get them and they are the ones that have gotten sick. But I'm personally a little more active than my family and friends too. Gym 3-5 times a week and walking/hiking on weekends

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I was checking out a few pages of that goldinauctions page and wow! They have some 91-92 braves team signed stuff I'd love to get ahold of. The 91 braves team is the year I really started watching baseball full time and followed the braves the entire season with my grandpa. Remember watching the playoff laying on the floor in front of the tv or in front of the fireplace and agonizing over every moment. Great memories.
Was it 91 or 92 that hrbek pulled gant off the bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts