Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Thrift Store Thread - Sports Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Bringing the thread back to life (hopefully).

went out to a couple stores today, came home with the following. A lot of vintage NFL, looks like all unworn. Most have the stickers still attached.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    716.5 KB · Views: 49
  • image.png
    image.png
    886.4 KB · Views: 50
  • image.png
    image.png
    982 KB · Views: 50
  • image.png
    image.png
    1,010.7 KB · Views: 49
  • image.png
    image.png
    826.4 KB · Views: 49
  • image.png
    image.png
    750.8 KB · Views: 48

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
since i had the day off, i went out and came home with the following. Was surprised to find new with tag shirts, such as the top gear and giants spring training, and the doctor who and snap on shirts were new without tags.

Have to wait til wednesday to list. Need the monthly allotment of "free" listings that come with my monthly store fee. Havent had a free listings promo in months, which has been killing my sales.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    943.6 KB · Views: 35
  • image.png
    image.png
    806 KB · Views: 34
  • image.png
    image.png
    801 KB · Views: 36

djmilhaus

Sep 8, 2014
Seattle
I learned a lot from this thread quite a while ago and am appreciative of you keeping it going, ASTROBURN! Do you sell much (or anything) on sites outside eBay? Instagram, Facebook, Amazon, other? Just wondering. I don't source as well as you and the thrift shops in my area have been mercilessly jacking up the prices. Glad it is finally garage sale season here (Seattle area). Found a few nice items already.

Once I start sourcing more, I'll probably have to move to the store model, but like you mentioned, sales are really slow and eBay hasn't been giving extra listing promos since the holidays. :(

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I have tried instagram. I get a lot of "likes", but no one has offered to purchase anything from it directly. Amazon is not an option. From what i understand, clothing is the hardest thing to sell, and i believe you cant sell used clothes. Facebook, i have sold a few things using the local yard sale groups. But ebay is still the easiest, so long as i have listings to use. I recently upgraded my store because they offered a promo, but i dont know if i can afford to maintain it once the offer runs its course. People arent willing to pay what they were two years ago, so its harder to carry that ebay overhead. You never know what or when something will sell, you just have to have it listed when someone is looking for it.

And ive heard it before from others, who say if its not worth paying the quarter to list it, then its not worth listing. Well, when you have 600 shirts, that gets expensive with no guarantee of any return. These arent baseball cards, where you know a card should sell for fifty bucks... Its a second hand t shirt, which barely gets 14 dollars shipped. I get people offering me 7 dollars at times. Based on the cost of the shirt, final value fees, and shipping costs, how could anyone expect me to accept that low of an offer? Some buyers are just insulting. So be prepared...

markotsay7

Feb 18, 2011
I have tried instagram. I get a lot of "likes", but no one has offered to purchase anything from it directly. Amazon is not an option. From what i understand, clothing is the hardest thing to sell, and i believe you cant sell used clothes. Facebook, i have sold a few things using the local yard sale groups. But ebay is still the easiest, so long as i have listings to use. I recently upgraded my store because they offered a promo, but i dont know if i can afford to maintain it once the offer runs its course. People arent willing to pay what they were two years ago, so its harder to carry that ebay overhead. You never know what or when something will sell, you just have to have it listed when someone is looking for it.

And ive heard it before from others, who say if its not worth paying the quarter to list it, then its not worth listing. Well, when you have 600 shirts, that gets expensive with no guarantee of any return. These arent baseball cards, where you know a card should sell for fifty bucks... Its a second hand t shirt, which barely gets 14 dollars shipped. I get people offering me 7 dollars at times. Based on the cost of the shirt, final value fees, and shipping costs, how could anyone expect me to accept that low of an offer? Some buyers are just insulting. So be prepared...
I get people offering me that too sometimes, but if it's been sitting around and I'm into it for 50 cents I'll just take it to move inventory.

Members online

Latest posts